Options

Sunday 25th June 2023 "There must some way out of here," said the joker to the thief

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

"There must some way out of here," said the joker to the thief

Yesterday's were The Sound of Silence, Simon and Garfunkel

What: stretch/short run

Why: Sunday routine (plus hard yesterday, long tomorrow)

Running short of communication songs
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Quiet again today

Certainly quiet here where I am currently sitting. occasional cowbell, larks, wind, marmots whistling. 

What: long hike
    Why: why not
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon! 

Looks very pleasant, Hazel! Reminds me of the Sound of Music!

Warm here (27), so quite content with a very gentle 45 minutes.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Beautiful, Hazel. Good running yesterday.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. My dad is 88, so every day we still have him is a good day ❤

No running today. Too warm and not enough sleep but 50k on the bike is still something 😊
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening all.

Not much today.  I say that, but only just sat down after being out and about all dah. Been overdoing it all week though.

Parkrun yesterday, Perry hall in 29:30 ISH.  My hip is still really sore from being knocked over by Lucas a few weeks ago. May need to see someone.

Lyrics yes 

Hazel looks lovely.

Happy Sunday all
  • Options
    Evening all, good running hiking and biking going on!
    Sorry to hear about your dad chick,88 is good going I know but still hard.
    AWOL as eventful day yesterday, morning helping Thomas pick up some stuff from his Glasgow flat which he rents out since moving to Sweden then drive up to Tyndrum. Plan was for me to run a few miles on west highland way then meet Peter in Tyndrum. Was v hot from the start and tbh was run walking most of it, up and down in forestry after quite an initial climb then under the road and a alittle loop where I met Peter who had been to check in. 1.6 miles to go from there but I somehow missed a turn on the when and ended up on a little road. Wasn't too worried as thought it was just half a mile or so extra but several miles later the house I took to be the beginning of Tyndrum turned out to be an isolated house on the way to gold mines! Fortunately there were folk there who put me right and as was now 4 miles from destination kindly ran me back. Less fortunately my phone refused to send Peter a message despite good signal so both of us were panicking. Anyhow eventually re United but I was overheated overstressed and out of water....wiped out for the evening!
  • Options
    Change of weather today but forecast to improve, cool and raining. Ben Lui 1130m on the agenda. Started okay with 3 river crossings then a boggy forest path then a slog up the hillside, mist coming in and getting wetter and colder. Waterproofs on..reached rocky summit stretch which was at he limits of my comfort and I wanted to turn back. However a slightly easier bit to summit found. Now we were freezing and could see nothing so headed down to belach between 2 hills except we got our path wrong so probably added on a mile or so. Eventually got on right path and logge on down in the rain. The boggy forest was fun, Peter sunk up to his knees! River crossings much higher too and we didn't have anything dry on return. Still a hot bath sorted us out. Another interesting day!