alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I remember when rock was young
Me and Suzie had so much fun

New theme! Creatures!

What: about an hour with M78

Why: run and chat

Yesterday's lyrics: All along the Watchtower, Bob Dylan, although most will know The Jimmy Hendrix Experience's version.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sorry missed thread yesterday But lovely photo Hazel I would love to be hiking there!

Chick sorry to hear about Dad.

Yesterday was LSR 2 hours 25 minutes and wading through treacle.I will cap it at that time as I would not want to run any further!

What: Recovery run
    Why  Always do one on a Monday
    Last hard Yesterday
    Lyrics: Yes
    Last rest 23/06

Run was better and faster than yesterday,
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

I think the Sound of Music was Austria Ale?  Maybe Heidi instead?  I did see a herd of goats and think of goat herder Peter.. (must read Heidi again sometime).  Gentle in 27 degrees sounds about right!

50k on the bike is decent Chicksta.

Sorry to hear about the hip emzap - might be a good idea to have it looked at if it isn't getting better.

Stressful outing on the WHW and Ben Lui Els.  

What: not sure 
    Why: currently have stiff legs, probably best to do a recovery if anything or cross train (cycle).  A few hours more at my desk likely won't really help.
    Last rest: 25.06.23

Lyrics: really should know these - maybe will occur to me later so I haven't cheated yet
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Yes, Hazel, I know that Sound of Music was Austria...but the photo just reminded me of it! Strange how the mind works! re lyrics, last heard at Glastonbury yesterday!

What: 60 minutes d&d, mostly off road

Why: M78's plan. Good chat, not least discussing his mile race last week. Now second in the rankings, not that many over 75s run mile races on the track!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    WP - That's a decent LSR well done. Take it easy today!
    Els - Wow, what an adventure yesterday! 
    Hazel - lovely photo, I'm not at all envious...
    Emz - solid Park Run at the weekend
    Ale - decent run with M78, hope his mile went well??

What - 8 miles (70 mins) steady
    Why - a few miles
    last rest - 09/06
    last hard - Saturday 
    Yesterday was just an easy 5k, then track meet for the kids which ended up being a long day. 
    Then catch up with some Glastonbury so a clear 'yes' to the lyric!

• Options
    Lyrics yes.
    Good running folks. 
    Hazel where were you hiking yesterday?
    Quieter but unexpected day today. On a whim decided to take train to corour which is most remote station in scotland with no public roads and walk around loch Ossian. Beautiful train ride and a 9.8 m circuit of the loch in sunshine and showers, surrounded by high hills. Then having a while to wait for train back went to see if cafe/restaurant was open and as we went in the door a voice behind said Peter? Turned around to see Donald and Jane ultra friends from Edinburgh up to do some hiking. Ended up with coffee and then an early meal with them. Small world!