Childhood living is easy to do
The things that you wanted, I bought them for you

Work calls, back in a bit...

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics are familiar, so that is a no. 

Yesterday's were Misty, Johnny Mathis amongst others. His signature tune.

What: something easy. And short. 

Why: niggle in the hamstring/adductor area
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Hi
    Ale - take it easy....hope Salvador enjoyed the cricket, I know I didn't...
    Hazel - decent session yesterday
    Els - hope you get the miles in today
    Wabo - we all know life get's in the way, hope Mum recovers and that Cleo made you proud.

What - Annual Mob Match versus local club
    Why - tradition
    last rest - 09/06
    last hard - organising the fixture. Running is the easy bit, it's the marshals, course checking, course marking, making sure there are enough cups, plates, teabags, milk...
    lyric - don't think so

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    So, finally sorted out my Euros and Dollars.. (i think so at least).

Does Salvador do that cricket arm wave thingy already? (I guess it is the umpire saying how many runs?).  

Enjoy the mob match Dustin - I notice no cake features on your list.  Some biscuits at least?  And no sugar yet either?  Sounds like you could have quite a few tasks there.

Good to hear you have an appointment now OH, even if it is a few weeks away yet.

Good to see you Wabo, hope your mum feels much better soon.  

Hope you get a less treacly run in soon WP.

Trying to think why Beauly rings a bell Els.  Hmm might just be an oil rig.  When is that backyard ultra again?

What: steady 8 miles or so planned for later
    Why: miles but not hard ones
    Last hard: 4m tempo (+WU/CD) yesterday evening.  Was a bit warm but got it done (rather than tempo intervals).  Last mile was a bit tough
    Last rest: 26.06.2023
  • Options
    Pleasant morning weather, housework then 10m. Not fast or pretty but at least a bit of a run!
    Dustin, agree with hazel some cakes would be nice. Reminds me I need to do some baking for the backyard, a week on Sat! Not optimistic about my running, may be first one out!
    Marathon is this Sun and have marshalling shifts at 7 miles and 26. Friends come up tomorrow and still got to finish my appraisal paperwork, do the appraisal next Thurs and a teams meeting about cystoscopy tomorrow as well as a wedding party in the evening. Things are getting a bit out of hand!
    Lyrics, don't think so!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Evening!

How was Cleo, Wabo?

Watching the cricket, Emz? I imagine that you are too busy, Dustin! And Hazel  is of course correct about the missing supplies!

Hazel: I think that the umpire's signal that you mean is for a four (one arm continuously waving horizontally)...but there are plenty of others that is could be, eg wide (both arms outstretched) or no-ball (one arm outstretched whilst shouting no-ball). Further lessons available on request! I used to umpire most weekends in the summer as well as as a teacher: hard work being on your feet and concentrating for up to eight hours. And often stressful!
    Salvi just joins in with the clapping; not ready for umpiring yet!

Just bits of easy running today due to the niggle; need just under 3k tomorrow to get to the 100 miles for the month...and it will be touch and go irrespective of how the leg is as I am working then have cricket to go to in the evening: like Els  tomorrow is getting a bit out of hand!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Evening 

Sorry short and sweet running out of time but had a lot less treacly run this morning.

What an hour running
    Why: because I can 
    Last hard Sunday and all week.
    Lyrics Nope
    Last rest 23/06

I felt so rough this morning thought a rest day but had a nap and felt fine.I was 2 minutes a like quicker than all week! So back to normal pace thank goodness.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression