Morning..

My child arrived just the other day
He came to the world in the usual way

Yesterday's were Wild Horses by the Rolling Stones

So, bit of work first..

Comments

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Theme is animals btw not children, it is a coincidence that they feature in my last two titles.

Busy couple of days ahead Els.  

Thanks for the cricket lesson yesterday Ale, the four was the arm-waving I meant.  Hope you squeeze in the 3k today but be careful with the niggle.

Glad to hear you had a better run yesterday WP.

What: few miles with some short hills and strides
    Why: haven't slotted this one in yet this week
    Last hard: seeing anything yesterday for the last half hour of yesterday's run - I got caught by a thunderstorm and got absolutely drenched.  Wring out your underwear post-run sort of drenched.  It was actually quite nice not to feel too hot though.
    Last rest: 26.06.23

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - that wringing out clothes is like me at the moment - so humid I sweat profusely....
    Oh and sorry, cakes a given at the Mob Match, some surplus may have fallen into my bag before I left  :D
    Els - sounds busy, should be good though!
    Ale - Professionalism says , yes too busy to watch the cricket. Just don't look too much at that pop up window in the top left  ;)  

What - Easy run 
    Why - recovery , hard session planned tomorrow
    last rest - 09/06
    last hard - last night. Just a 2.5 mile loop , but starts with 400m steady incline (long grass), then a long, steady climb for 1200m, flat stretch thru the trees past the church, before a long downhill km where it's the rutted ground and long grass that make it a footing challenge!
    Repeat the 400m incline to the finish. Bit quicker than last year (19.30) but well down on what I should be running. Even so, decent turn out, plenty of food and a 'home' win. 
    lyric - perhaps

• Options
    Lyrics, hope!
    Dustin, great running and cake provision!
    Hazel, not so keen on running in thunderstorms, sounds like us like Sunday, we were pretty soaking when came off the hill and very cold on the top, warm enough rest of the way.
    More cricket Ale? Hopefully get that last 3k in. Last day of school yesterday here I believe. 
    Made a sponge cake to go with strawberries which have still to be purchased, planning wideford, may be a run walk as legs tired.
    Speaking of strawberries we purchased 6 plants and they are coming on well, 2 days ago 3 looked ripeish, yesterday one was missing, found 3/4 eaten by the birds, the other two Peter and I ate, really yummy! No further ripe ones yet bit will be keeping my beady eye on them!
  • Options
    Well the hill was nice and very busy this morning, including a white van open to reveal lots of trays of eggs at the top...wierd!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Lyrics: yes (had considered using them!)

Was going to start the thread first thing but no internet, temporarily, at home and no chance at work. 

What: short run first thing

Why: get it done/pass100 miles for the month/work/cricket shortly...sbject to the weather etc
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.