Options

Sunday 2nd July 2023 So go and powder your cute little...

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Training
Morning! 

Today's creature related lyrics: I've got flowers and lots of hours to spend with you
So go and powder your cute little...

Lines 3&4

Yesterday's were The Lion Sleeps Tonight, which I'm sure everyone knew. Wonder how many knew it was originally by The Tokens. I didn't!

What: something short

Why: being careful still. Perhaps a bigger test tomorrow.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Although I knew the song I did not know or even heard of The Tokens!

What: LSR-shortened as tapering
    Why Race on Sunday
    Lyrics No
    Last rest 24/6
    Last hard: Last weeks treacle

That felt very short today and a nice distance;-) 7 degrees which is the coolest it has been.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    No to The Tokens and today's lyrics.

7 degrees isn't very summerlike WP!

Did you get your quiet afternoon yesterday Els? Banana bread went down ok with our visitor, was a bit sweet I found.

Busy day yesterday Dustin and good work on the track.

What: progressive 18k and 3k CD
    Why: looking for a decent HM effort
    Last hard: that was, had actually set out with the full HM progressive in mind. Ran out of beans and was achy from yesterday's cycling
    Last rest: 30.06.23
  • Options
    Lyrics no.
    Rest day from running but already done 1.5 hour marshalling shift and next stint at the end prob about 2 hours. Started dry, now tipping it down.
    quiet afternoon hazel but went to hear pipe band in the evening, they were great, weather was wet! good practise for today! Very windy through the night - fortunately not so bad now.
    Have a good day folks!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon! 

I'm sure that at least one of you, probably WP, know the lyrics! Sing the line next to today's date! 

Sounds a decent run, Hazel!

Suddenly it is no longer summer, WP and Els! Cool and windy here so wore traksters, a thick winter long sleeved top and a rain jacket for my 20 minutes. Didn't rain; that is saving itself for when I go to cricket this afternoon.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    No we had our summer, a warm week in June. Today was proper Orkney weather with a couple of hypothermic folk withdrawing from the marathon. Think they should be warned to at least consider having a jacket on them, folks in vest and shorts when it's chucking it down and driving wind at the back end of the race particularly vulnerable. I was pleased to find an old workman's high viz jacket in the house between my 2 shifts - the last of which was v cool and wet so was a bonus! Still some decent times for the conditions! Lust home now and a bit shivery!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Sounds nasty Els, it was another summer day here...albeit a little cooler.
    Ale - sounds like Mancunian weather returned for you too..
    Hazel - good session, you too WP

What - 7.5 miles on trail - a summer LSR!
    Why - run with pals
    last rest - 09/07
    last hard - Yesterday
    lyric - dont think so. 

• Options
    Drookit marahall
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Looks like fun, Els! Pouring here now but stayed dry for cricket, but very windy. 

Hope Chick is ok.