I don't want a parrot that talks

Random lines, different creature in the title

Back in a bit, some work first..

Have a good Monday!

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

I know the lyrics, Hazel (and even the singer!)

Yesterday's were What's New Pussycat, Tom Jones

What: around an hour, gently

Why: M78's plan/test out the leg

Suspect that we will get rather wet!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    I thought the lyrics could be familar Ale.  How did the leg test go?

Drookit is a nice word Els.  The weather certainly didn't look nice for your marshalling stint yesterday.

Trails, pals and not too many miles sounds like a nice run yesterday Dustin.

What: likely a recovery run this evening
    Why: seems a good idea
    Last rest: 1.7.2023

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Just back, Hazel! 

What: 67 minutes with M78, with most off road 

Why: Monday, plus the opportunity to test my leg. Was feeling the hamstring towards the end but all generally good. Don't think the hamstring is the issue: lack of glute strength and a dodgy adductor. 

Light drizzle rather than the heavy rain that was forecast.

After yesterday a recovery run does seem wise, Hazel!

I read that you are considering becoming Norwegian, OH and Els!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Ale, that article is so embarrassing , I think our council leader has taken leave of his senses or just wants some attention in the press. Completely ridiculous!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - solid run earlier, nicely done
    Els - wow, that did look a bit damp yesterday!
    Hazel - enjoy the easy later

What - Lunchtime run
    Why - London saunter
    last rest - 09/06
    last hard - Saturday's track
    lyric - nope
  • Options
    Another wet day here.
    Swim done.

A couple of photos on way home.

Pain a bit better this week (even considering Stromness 10k later this month ... )

Lyrics not a clue

(OIC leader has lost the plot!)
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I thought that there might be more than one side to the Orkney/Norway story, OH/Els! And don't envy the swimming: I imagine that it is still cold. 

And Hazel will probably agree that everyone does know today's song. Probably the first one I think of when talking animal songs!

Just drying out after a soaking walking the 600 metres to the surgery for my asthma review. 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hi guys 👋🏻

Sorry for being AWOL. Rough week. We took dad to hospital last week. He's been released in the meantime so all good. But at 88 anything can happen anytime... we managed to get an outpatient place at a geriatric unit for him starting this week on Thursday. At least it'll make things easier for mum.

So last week was hit & miss running-wise.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Not an easy time for you Chick. No surprise that running has taken a back seat, although I'm sure it helps. Hope all goes well. 
  • Options
    Been thinking about you Chick. Have you got far to travel to see him?