alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Today's creature related lyrics: 
One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small

Yesterday's were Eye of The Tiger, Survivor

What: 30-40 easy minutes

Why: easy day
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - Glad you enjoyed the holiday. Envious of Kasabian at Eden!
    Good going yesterday Ale!
    Els - Oh I meant in theory I'd trust the Norwegians more! Not sure what the funding for the islands are from Westminster though, there should certainly be assistance to support local communities all across the UK.

What - easy miles
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 09/06
    last hard - last night: 400/300/200/100 same distance steady recovery x 3 sets.
    Absolute torrential rain, totally drenched. Loved it!
    lyric - possibly

• Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sorry been MIA it has been a bust few days.OH is going to a circuit class Monday so i have to go with him andI leave him and go for a walk.Then yesterday was PT session for me , a run then shopping then Hospital Hydro therapy for OH.I had to be there to dress and undress and get to pool.

What: Nothing
    Why ; Kit malfunction-a new top that rode up as I ran to expose tummy.I have never had this issue before! so came back and binned top.
    Last hard fatigue
    Lyrics No
    Last rest: today
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Doh - should have got yesterday's lyrics.

Pedestrian start and faster finish yesterday sounds good to me Ale - I did it the other way around.  Speedwork at lunchtime on a pretty warm/hot day in midday sun wasn't a good idea.  I abandoned my session after 2 x 800m and walked quite a bit of the way back.  My mind was up to it but just after the start of rep no. 3 everything went - no way!

You loved the rain or you hated it Dustin?  Sounds like a decent session.

Busy days WP.  That is annoying regarding the top.  I have a vest which does that with a number pinned to it.

Have fun with your friends Els.  

Enjoy the time with your mum Wabo.

What: maybe another go at the speedwork - haven't decided yet
    Why: cool and rainy today
    Last hard: seemingly matching running sessions to the weather
    Last rest: 1.7.23

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I would just go out and have an enjoyable run, Hazel!Forget about yesterday and move on!

Yes, hope that your mum is giving you less cause for concern, Wabo!

Re lyrics, I have used them before...when dressing up as a character for World Book Day!

What: 37:38 fairly easy running

Why: relatively easy day. Cool so well wrapped up: 12 degrees and breezy. Tropical by Orkney standards!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Lyrics maybe!
    Had a lovely evening with our friends last night, good company, views and food!
    hard but productive day today, 9 hour days are a bit much for old fogeys!
    The evil appraisal tomorrow!
    Ale it's about the same temp here but not windy so we count it a good day, not as sunny as yesterday though.
    Hazel, speedwork in the heat also sounds evil!
    WP I wouldn't bin it it may fit a friend!
    Dustin, yes, all in favour of our council trying to negotiate for new ferries etc but be realistic!