Options

Sunday 9th July 2023 I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail

More creatures! Yesterday's: Bat out of hell, Meatloaf

Sounds tough yesterday, Els! And well done with helping today!

Hope WP has gone well!

What: short run, stretch

Why: Sunday at the fitness suite
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy Sunday, all

Well done, Els. Sounds really tough. I can't quite believe there are still people around after 24 hours 🤯

Very hot here too, Hazel. Currently hiding in the shade behind my house on the Northern side as it's too sunny and hot on the patio.

Wabo: hugs. I hope you're mum is feeling better.

Enjoy Berlin, Dustin. I'm usually only going there to run the marathon 😂 we went to see a spectacular show in 2021 though at the Friedrichstadtpalast. Highly recommended.

So, dad survived the first two days at the geriatric facility. It's really well organised. They pick him up at home around 7:30am and drop him off at 3:30pm. They do lots of cognitive exercises and also physio, strength and balance stuff. And they have neurologists doing all sorts of tests on his polyneuropathy. I think he's in very good hands there. It's a small group of 6 people and the initial term is 3 weeks.

It's good for mum also not having to worry all the time.

Running went ok this week. Managed 13, 10 progressive, 8 with 20/15 tempo, 7 with hill sprints and strides and an easy 5. Too hot this weekend so I just cycled.

Yes to lyrics
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

That sounds a helpful arrangement for both dad and mum, Chick.

Happy birthday, I believe, WP!

Today's short run brought up 41.5k for the week. 

Back to the cricket. Tense.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Good mileage for the week Ale, enjoy the cricket.

Hiding inside here Chicksta. Sounds positive for all of you regarding your dad.  Good week of training for you despite everything.

Well done Els! When did the last runner get timed out?

Happy Birthday WP?

What: HM distance local explorer
    Why: too hot/ humid for faster stuff at the moment
    Last hard: ran out of beans on last 2 miles a bit
    Last rest: 8.7.23

Lyrics: no, snail for me today 😀
  • Options
    2 runners both looking strong set off on their 29th lap ...
    Lyrics yes
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening  the wanderer returns

Sorry had mobile phone issues so changed networks.  It wasn't straightforward  took a while and I became a bit of a stresshead

What 3.17 miles run walk
    Why first run back
    Last hard that to begin with 
    Lyrics not a scooby 
  • Options
    31 hours they went to, it was quite something. But I don't think my sort of event.
    After a poor nights sleep stressing about my poor run went back out for 8 hours of helping, which was mainly blowing the whistle every lap, fetching more supplies and eating leftovers! and helping take down massive tents! Very tiring though I can't begin to imagine still running after 31 hours, and the winner looked like she could have gone on longer. Wow!
    Back in the real world glad your dad is getting good care Chick and hope it helps you all!
    Hazel a good run!
    Nice week's total Ale!
    Nice one Pammie.
    Off to bed soon!