Tuesday 11th July 2023 He painted Salford's smokey tops

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: 
He painted Salford's smokey tops
On cardboard boxes from the shops
And parts of Ancoats where I used to play

Further creatures! And a bit of a link with yesterday's.

Yesterday's: I'm Only a Poor Little Sparrow, The Ramblers - 1979 (aka the Choir of Abbey Hey Junior School, Gorton , Manchester)

Got to number one and made a small fortune for the school, a school that I knew well at the time.

Good to hear from you Wabo. Hope mum is on the mend.

What: something short

Why: went longer yesterday 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Ale what is it with Manchester school choirs and these songs? Peter's old school St Winifreds was a major player albeit after he had left! Lyrics yes today.
    Still feel rubbish after the BYU, maybe time to hang up the trainers?
    Plenty of walking and a wee jog yesterday. Had wondered about going to Hoy for the day today but forecast thunderstorms etc, may leave it till Thurs. Although officially on leave appear to be doing clinic tomorrow. Disappointingly doesn't seem like I'll get down to see the grandchildren next week.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - Still feeling rubbish? You still managed lots of walking and a run that seems pretty good to me...
    WP - ahh, but I do suspect the conditions may have played a part in the outcome...

What - club night 10-12 x 250m hill reps, jog back recovery
    Why - on the schedule
    last rest - Friday
    last hard - will be this evening
    lyric - yes

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

How are the niggles in the meantime Ale?

Seems hard to plan at the moment Els.  Give yourself a few days to recover from the BYU yet.  I just looked up the format - it seems only the overall winner actually completes the race and everyone else is DNF?

Racing in 26 degree heat is hard WP.  

Glad you enjoyed Berlin Dustin!  I think you ran a bit of the Berlin mara route.  Big golden angel thingy on a column?

Post run swim sounds nice Chicksta.  We have some decent lakes not tooo far away but I don't feel up to the hot drive / bus ride to get there.  Bad song suggestion from Germany - anything by Modern Talking!

Fingers crossed your mum feels better soon Wabo.

What: pre-work/breakfast walkies 
    Why: running rest day to avoid the heat
    Last rest: 11.07.23

Lyrics: nope
  • Options
    Just mentally feeling rubbish Dustin, has knocked my confidence in my running, I should have managed to go much further but the constant thinking about time pressures got to me!
    Just been for a rather damp 15m on west coast but enjoyable, didn't run more than half of it but hey! And met an old friend up from Durness in the carpark as I finished - downside to this is that since i was drenched I'm a bit shivery after a 15 min chat! But we'll meet up again while he's here, and met his lovely wife for the first time.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    Alehouse, not really - Mum has AF and we just don't seem to be getting anywhere, shes got new anti clotting drugs but that is all at the moment. Shes so tired puffy legs aching etc etc. Very upsetting to see how she is now.

Oh wow els, honestly I think you do amazing!!
    hazel don't blame you re heat!!
    dustin enjoy the scheduled day!!
    lyrics I think so
    What: 1 hour run later
    why: a bit more of my spitfire scramble effort
    last hard: 30 minds yesterday
    last rest: 28/12

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Thanks all I think the conditions just not for me-why oh why do I run a race in July-oh yes because it is local and run by the club :)

Hazel Good call on the heat rest day.
    Dustin:Hill reps sound good:-)
    wabo:Enjoy the run later
    Els:Sounds a nice run today:-)

What PT day and short run
    Why: building strength and power
    Last hard:Sunday
    Last rest Saturday
    Lyrics Nope

watching RHR as +9 and been like that since Saturday.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening
    take care Poppy

Our local race held end of June always on the hottest day of the year

Wabo hugs its hard I know

Els/Hazel BYU is amazing if a bit mad I've followed  a few online it's incredible  how they keep going

My bad song choice by German  band Trio Da da da it got to No 1 I believe  hated it being requested  at discos 

Nothing  from me. I did walk about 3 miles
    Nope to the lyrics 
  • Options
    Second rest day for me after having derailed the sliding door of the van onto my unprotected toes (sandals) on Saturday. Ironically I may become the only one to lose a toenail after the Orkney Backyard Ultra!
    Looking a lot better today so should get back to aqua walking and swimming tomorrow ...
    Badminton??
    "Marathon" photo session on Saturday and Sunday covering the BYU.
    Lyrics (hides his face) - Yes
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ouch oh!!! Hope no bad damage done
    Thanks Pammie it is so hard. Especially as she lives 85 miles away
    So I ran for an hour, can't remember when I last did that! Managed 5.36, I am slightly getting a bit less slow
    Can't say faster lol
    Take care poppy, the heat is a real problem
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

#8 Julie Bethune still looking strong on 2nd day

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening! 

Enjoyed the photos, OH... probably more than you enjoyed today's song! Toe incident sounds painful. 
    That course does not look easy, Els! And sorry to your leave doesn't seem to be what it should be!

We'll done on the hour, Wabo! Sorry to hear about mum; as Pammie says, it's hard.

Just over 20 minutes to feed daughter's cat now that the family have moved out due to the extension. A Salvador day today, and tomorrow. Work Thursday and Friday!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.