Options

Thursday 13th July 2023 Mud, mud, glorious mud

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Mud, mud, glorious mud,
Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood.

Another novelty record featuring a creature. Taken from the chorus.

What: something short

Why: after work
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics yep
    Enjoy the short alehouse, hope weather is kind
    What c25k with Jodie, something on my own
    Why streak saving
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 28/12
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick atrial fibrillation is what they say my mum has
    Talking about age cats I'm in a new one, so are a couple of others heaps faster than me!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Yesterday's lyrics were Runaway Horses by Belinda Carlisle

Have a good day at work Ale.

What is the virtual scramble Wabo?  Streak is doing nicely.

Your training seems to be going well Chicksta - are you planning on an HM in the autumn?

Sounds sensible not to try to do 2 HMs in a week WP.

What: some sort of run after hopefully swapping / returning the cycle helmet I got last week
    Why: didn't check if I could adjust the ear straps - seems that feature has been taken out of some helmets and I thought in the shop I would do the fine fiddling at home
    Last hard: speedwork yesterday evening - tried to do 10k at a decent effort but blew up at 7k.  Wasn't good conditions for it - maybe cooler than the last few days but humidity was ridiculous
    Last rest: 11.07.23

lyrics: no
  • Options
    Lyrics - of course!
    Hazel, annoying re helmet, hope you managed to swap it for another! From daughter it's v hot with you just now, maybe speedwork isn't great idea! She is coming here in early Aug, v pleased. She'll likely be cold though!
    Wabo AF is very common and once under control she should be OK but likely on blood thinners for life. Nice streak!
    No run today, 10'3 miles including Inganess trail where the grass in places was at chest height so wet and slow, but other bits were fine. Still trying to catch daughter to discuss going away.
    Maybe a day out on Hoy tomorrow.
    Miserable morning at work yesterday, lots of awkward things and then got caught by the infection control police with hair below my collar line ( how I have worn it all my working life without giving rise to any concerns). I tie it up and use surgical hat when doing any procedures but not sure what the risk is from just speaking to folk in clinic. (Old fogey maybe needs to retire).
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 
    Hazel Hope the swap is easy with helmet.

Wabo Enjoy the run with Jodie.

Els That sounds like a jobsworth.Doctors I n our surgery wear there hair down. 

What Nothing

Why Felt sick and tired on getting up and no better after a coffee.

Last hard Sunday

Last rest today
    Lyrics yes.

I have been for 3 mile walk for fresh air and then filled garden wheelie  bin .

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - certainly putting in some good sessions
    Hazel - even 7k at tempo+ is a good outing
    Els - sounds  like the H&S police out in force <sigh>
    WP - take it easy...
    Ale - enjoy your easy effort
    Some decent German bands: Kraftwerk (obviously), I think Tangerine Dream were mostly german too. Some reasonable post punks in DAF, Einsturzende Neubaten & X-Mal Deutschland. One hit wonder Nena (99 Red Balloons) were definitely german and I believe Culture Beat (Mr. Vain) were too. I won't mention Boney M....

What - 10k over the fields done, kids coaching later
    Why - getting out
    last rest - 07/07
    last hard - Tuesday
    Today's lyric is a yes

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thinking of German bands: Rammstein and Scorpions also spring to mind. And if you're a teenage girl Tokio Hotel. But there's definitely more crappy than good stuff.

Els: how annoying about the health & safety dude. Glad to hear that AF is common and treatable, so I hope wabo's mum will be feeling better soon.

Shame about the half, Poppy. Regarding temperatures: it's low 20s in the morning but high humidity. I feel more comfortable if temps are around 15 degrees, so summer is not for me. 
    Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Hazel: finding good helmets is really difficult. My head is on the small side so usually standard helmets don't fit and I resort to childrens. Ladybird helmet, anyone ;) ?
    I'm struggling with any form of speed at the moment. 7k is good going! There's a low key winter race series preceded by a half marathon in October on the same course which I am planning on doing. Even if my fitness doesn't improve much over the summer, it'll be nice to run in a race environment.

Enjoy the kids coaching, Dustin. 

Just 4 miles this morning. Rubbish night sleep and it was warm and windy. 
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening 
    Late one from me

Els agree with poppy once it's tied up when it's needed it shouldn't matter. 

Came home had to charge garmin first as forgot this morning

What 2.7 miles as sun was setting
    Why consistency
    Last hard yesterday 
    Lyrics  yes