Friday 14th July 2023 It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming,

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming

Another creature; yesterday's song was the Hippopatamus Song, Flanders and Swan

Good to see some consistency, Pammie!

What: something gentle after work

Why: consistency. Could be rather wet!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Confused by the lyrics today!

Please send some rain this way Ale - we are in for high temps again this weekend.

Enjoy Hoy if you go today Els.  Will be nice to see your CH daughter again.  That does seem overstrict with the hair - maybe someone was jealous of yours!

Hope you are feeling better today WP.  

Rammstein were here a couple of weeks ago Chicksta - the wind was fortunately blowing the other way - you can hear them for miles.   I am currently overdosing on Schiller again.  Sounds like a plan regarding racing.

Helmetgate: I couldn't switch my helmet - I was worried that would happen - although all stickers and price tab still attached.  Safety concerns..  Brand new red helmet in S/M anyone?  I also have issues with buying helmets - my skiing one is a kids one and I had to get a very expensive motorbike one as it was the only one which would fit.

Annoying regarding forgetting to charge the watch Pammie.

Hope the kids were well behaved Dustin. 

What: hopefully a cycle between work and travel to PIL
    Why: keept moving and test cycle helmet no. 2
    Last rest: 14.07.2023

Lyrics:  errm?
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Glad I don't cycle  :D

What - something easy
    Why - track session tomorrow and I'm full of lethargy!
    last rest - 07/07
    last hard - Tuesday
    Kids behaved last night, bit of long jumping rather than running. Longer session if you add in prepping and recovering the sand. 
    lyric - of course

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Grrr, that's super annoying, Hazel. Can you flog it on ebay and recoup at least some of the cost? 

Hope you didn't get too wet, Ale. I'm pretty sure I know those lyrics. Not one, but 3 creatures? 

Shake that lethargy, Dustin ;)

I dragged my lethargic body out of bed this morning with the split tempo sesh on the menu which I have been procrastinating. Didn't bother to do 10 miles with 20mins and 16mins (4 min recovery inbetween) but rahter 8. I chose quality over quantity because I wanted to cycle commute into work and would have run out of time otherwise.

Rather pleased with the tempo bits. So far I've been doing them on the TM at 5min per k pace with the TM at 1% incline as I didn't trust myself outside. It's quite easy to slow down out there on your own  :wink:  

So quite pleased the first lot came out at 4:53 per k and the second at 5:01. The second was into a bit of a headwind and I worked at the right intensity. Felt actually rather smug afterwards and enjoyed the 25k bike ride into work. It's the beginning of the school holidays here and it's Europe's biggest triathlon at the weekend with tons of road closures starting today so I figured the bike was the smarter option compared to the car. Or the bus. 
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon just 

I gave up cycling  years back was only a commuter but roads too dangerous  round  here

I tried to give my helmet away as heard the ambulance  service uses old ones for practice  but got no response

What just over 3 miles run walk
    Why keeping Ale Happy 😊 
    Last hard Wednesday 
    Lyrics Yes 

I've been going through  the sessions in the white plan I did to build up again doing each one once or twice apart from the first day been alright today's was 20 x 1 min run 30 seconds  walk with a bit before and after 

One of my  favourites  

Work tonight 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I'm happy with that, Pammie!

Enjoy your easy day, Dustin!

Yes, three creatures, Chick! And yes, got rather wet.

Annoying about the helmet, Hazel.

What: 33 minutes, mainly off road

Why: enough today, particularly in view of the weather 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.