Options

Saturday 15th July 2023: Well, the party was nice, the party was pumpin'

Morning! 

How did track go Dustin? Sand prepping is important for LJ, I remember a scary story of broken legs..

Good work on the tempo Chicksta. Are you going to watch the triathlon?

Sensible plan Pammie.

What: early 14k 2 x lake
Why: hot again today and PIL duties in Germany
Last hard: humidity around said lake and getting up at 6 am
Last rest: 14.7.23

Have a nice Saturday all! 

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning! 

Lyrics: yes. Had crossed my mind to use them at some point. Not a favourite!

Yesterday's were Three Lions, Baddiel, Skinner and The Lightning Seeds

Sounds a pleasant 14k, Hazel!

What: 2k, parkrun, 1k

Why: thought it about time I did a parkrun to get an idea of where I am fitness-wise. Pleased. Unofficially 24:24. Probably another gear in the last half a km but for once I actually ran a parkrun hard. Probably the first time out of around 170!

Back later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Ale nice parkrun!
    Lyrics no.
    Good running all of you!
    Extremely wet windy parkrun marsshalling this morning but met another two friends up from South.
    Had a v good day yesterday hiking on Hoy with friends Al, Lynne and dog Sango. Perfect day for it. Covered a bit of ground and visited the old man. Might have lost my heart to Sango!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Fine photos, Els!

So, parkrun to get a bit of a benchmark. Ran the parkrun at the end of my road, which I don't particularly like doing as it is where I run much of my training. On the other hand it is at the end of my road.
    2+ kms to warm up. Humid, yet 13 degrees and light drizzle. Remove long sleeved top and rain jacket, and put on t-shirt, a few announcements that I can't hear, apart from the clapping, and we are off. Much of the first km is uphill and I always struggle on this. 5;07 for the first km, then overall downhill or flat for the next km: 4:55. Back round and up the hill again, with half way being just before the top. Another 5:07. From there on it is flat or downhill to the finish, so 4:53 and 4:21 for the last two kms. 24:25 official time for 112th, although on age grading 25th sounds better! 2nd in age group overall (but beat the other guy on age grading!) but both the first place and myself were headed by a 71 year old female. 
    Course is all on cinders with the odd muddy patch; most people reckon it is worth 40 seconds to a minute over the quicker local courses. 
    Probably the hardest effort that I have put in on any of my approximately 170 parkruns. 
    Going back to the 1986 training diary I noted in January's summary that I needed to work on hills and my abs...nothing has changed over the last 37  and a half years!
    Probably now close to where I was pre-covid: in February I ran the same course as today in 24:51, although being February I imagine that conditions were less favourable. All good...until I can't walk tomorrow!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That's awesome, Ale. Well done 👍🏻
    Haha, that training diary entry could have been me 😂

Nice pics and a very cute dog, Els.

Did you jump into the lake, Hazel? No triathlon watching for me. It's too hot. I did watch the cyclists whizzing past my office yesterday. I think there was some junior triathlon championship going on.

Just 5 for me to fetch groceries followed by 30k on the bike 33 degrees here today 🙄
  • Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    A wet parkrun for runners and marshals (Finish Tokens)

• Options
    Ale, well done!
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Boy that was a wet one!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression