Options

Sunday 16th July 2023 The bravest animals in the land are...

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: The bravest animals in the land are...
 That's Timid Toad, Reckless Rat, Artful Owl and Batty Bat 

Title = ...

What: short run, stretch

Why: ran harder yesterday 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Morning

Those lyrics are so familiar  I think I know them.

What: short run
    Why: woke feeling rough so abandoned LSR plans
    Last hard: Today making the call to run or to stay home
    Lyrics: Yes
    Last rest Thursday

Ran same loop as yesterday and even though i felt rough I ran it 18 secs  per mile faster almost same elevation as race.So good one to practice on and I can add more elevation.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    WP - wise choice today, sometimes you have to listen to your body. Sounds like a decent run in the end too!
    Chick - strong LT session on Friday!
    Hazel - looks like some decent training/paces this weekend!
    Ale - decent park run! good going. It's great that you have the old diaries to read back through 
    Els - looks as if you had a good day yesterday

What - 11 miles LSR mostly trail with 2 or 3 in the middle on road.
    Why - seeing if the legs like distances again
    last rest - 07/07
    last hard - yesterday's track: 10x400 off 90s rest
    Always a good benchmark session. First couple finding my feet (97s,96s) but then got gradually quicker from 93s down towards 88s, last one more like 85. Tough going but never felt I was blowing too hard which I guess is a positive. Blustery day too so much of the last 100/150 into a headwind. Overall very pleased.

lyric - yes
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Yesterday's lyrics: Who let the dogs out by Baha Men. Inspired by a run by Dustin around the Isle of Dogs this week  :)

Some good stuff going on this weekend by the looks of it.

Nice progressive track session Dustin.

Looks like you salvaged a good run there WP, being flexible like that isn't something I am good at.

Well done on the parkrun Ale. Great to have those diaries. I have paper and online for about 5-6 years, hope your handwriting is better than mine so you can read them!

No leaping in the lake Chicksta, it is an important bird reserve and swimming and watercraft are banned. The tri was on TV here but didn't look in as we caught up on TdF instead.

Glad you went to Hoy Els and also got good conditions. Sango looks like a good outdoor activities dog.

Very wet parkrun yesterday OH! 

What: classical MLR HM, first half comfy, second half comfy hard. About another 1.5m cool down
    Why: felt up to that today
    Last rest 14.07.23
    Last hard: waiting for the freshly baked apricot and hazelnut cake to cool down. The whole flat smells of it!

Lyrics: no today

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭

Hmm needs some icing sugar maybe to hide the crispy bits..