Options

Tuesday 22nd August 2023 Don't be taken in by his welcome grin

Morning!

Lyrics: Don't be taken in by his welcome grin
He's imagining how well you'd fit within his skin

3rd and 4th lines. A connection with both a film and yesterday's lyrics, See you later alligator (in 'while crocodile), Bill Haley and his Comets.

What: 30 - 40 minutes easy

Why: easy day, not that any seem to be at present 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Well done on WSW Wabo!  Haven't played that in a couple of years now I think.

You are welcome to our heat Ale.  The cool-down is being pushed back every day.  Tuesday's supposed max of 20 was supposed to happen on Saturday already (now could be 30+ again).

What: 7.5 miles pre work
    Why: only way to do it at the moment.  Might be starting to get used to it though - sweated buckets at a easy-moderate pace but lungs and stomach were ok.  Wouldn't want to do speedier stuff though
    Last hard: heat, heat and more heat
    Last rest: 18.08.23

Lyrics: no again
  • Options
    Lyrics, yes!
    Hazel, it doesn't sound great with you. Even though it's cool and windy here I'll take that over a heatwave. Could handle an Orkney heatwave where it can get up to 20c for minutes at a time!
    Good running going on there. Sadly not from me. Initially thought a blister on my hand was due to paddle boarding on Thurs but on boat became apparent that I have hand foot and mouth disease, probably from Ellie (she doesn't have it but been rife in her nursery) but also were lots of little kids at the birthday party though I was mainly with the 8 week old baby! So wasn't able to work yesterday due to contagiousness - frustrating as I had a cystoscopy list which no one else can do but also felt a bit under the weather. Did do a 4 mile walk in the morning but that was uncomfortable as blisters on underside of toes and felt a bit yuk and couldn't face going out in afternoon. Hands look a little better today although feet a little worse so can maybe work tomorrow.
    Sorry about the moan. Feeling a bit hemmed in as don't want to spread it! Do some good running for me folks!
  • Options
    Eek - sorry to hear that Els.  Just read a bit on that one.  Hope you are feeling less uncomfy soon! 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    els poor you!! Hope it all passes quickly!!
    hazel it is always nicer if you can do it earlier
    ale hope the easy was ok
    what: 0.7miles d & d this am chasing squares, more later chasing them in earnest..
    why: games
    last hard this morning, had rough night coughing again
    last rest 28/12
    take care all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Ah it's not so bad, just been for a walk and better than yesterday but would like to be back to normal/work but still a big blister on my hand.
    Wabo, cough sounds awful!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sorry to hear, Els! Get well soonest. 

Wise running first thing, Hazel!

No idea what chasing squares means, Wabo! Have you seen GP about the cough yest?

32 minutes here...and got soaked. Started within a minute or two of starting running. Still pouring two hours later. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya 
    Ale -despite the rain, did the run feel any easier?
    Hazel - good going with the early excursion
    Els - Eeek, that doesn't sound ideal..hopefully you can get out again in short order.
    Wabo - well done, although I'm another lost with square chasing...

What - club session - 8 x 600 (200)
    Why - weekly torture
    last rest - 16/08
    last hard - will be tonight. I expect full mugginess too
    lyric - not so sure

Our boy Ben goes in the heats of the 800 tonight at the Worlds....
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done, Ben!

Run was just going through the motions today, Dustin; felt better at the end than during the first km!