Options

Thursday 24th August 2023 Rising up back on the street

Morning

Haven't  run since Sunday. The 10 miler didn't take too much out of me  The warm weather  was a bit too much. And I know Hazel's weather is a lot hotter. Which I don't envy

Had more dental work on Tuesday. I think just one more and I'll be finished. 

What just over 2 miles d&d
Why getting back to it 
Last hard. The first mile

Lyrics I'll think you'll get this 

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Coping with the heat is so individual Pammie.  If I recall the UK has been pretty damp and cool this summer and it can take a while to get acclimatised to a warmer spell.  A couple of people I know from the region and follow on Strava are still happily running midday and mid-afternoon here.  There was some lying around in streams, brooks and rivers involved post run though.   I have slept on my balcony for most of the night the last couple of nights (I don't have a garden) which has helped to get me some respite.  I am definitely someone who will run in minus temps rather than the heat. 

Uggh to the dental work.  

Did the cricket happen yesterday Ale? 

Grass speedwork must have been tough Dustin.

Good to see you out again Els.

Wasn't that 1500m win by Kerr brilliant yesterday?  

What: 10 miles pre work
    Why: keeping things going
    Last hard: waiting for Saturday's weather - max of 20 degrees and maybe some rain!
    Last rest: 23.08.23

Lyrics: no - sorry!
  • Options
    Lyrics, yes!
    Pammie, good 10 miles!
    Hazel, sounds horrible with you, daughter in Zurich has just done a 1500m mass lake swim, guess even I would want to swim in that heat but it looked v crowded! Not sure about sleeping on the balcony though, but then do have a garden.
    The 1500 was very exciting!
    Havered about this morning's run as the rain was bouncing off the road but made some rock cakes and waited for it to ease and did a slow 8m, left knee a bit grumbly but it went OK otherwise. Still got one big blister stubbornly not going down and need to be able to scrub in theatre Monday. Time yet!
    No Ale?
    Going out for lunch with vet friend who havent seen for ages due to her away, then us away and her wierd shifts!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were Three Little Birds, Bob Marley 

Miles well banked, Hazel and Els! Glad that you got out, Pammie!

What: just over 30 minutes. Got very wet again!

Why: recovery day/started raining two minutes into my run...again.

Cricket did happen, Hazel, and it didn't rain whilst I was there. Left early to get back to watch the 1500...and glad that I did. Then saw the rest of the cricket in the alehouse!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Good to see someone from your club in a World Final, Dustin? 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Wasn't that 1500m win by Kerr brilliant yesterday?  - yes hazel!!
    Pammie hope dental work goes ok
    Alehouse I was lucky with the rain today, didn't really come to much
    Els hope that knee is ok
    Pammie nice one with the run
    What silly load of bits and bobs
    Why chasing squares
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 28/12
    Went to cemetery today to tidy and take flowers to my first born granddaughter who would have been 23 today
    In my running gear same as the day she was born, bitten like mad on both legs 😭
    My daughter and both her girls were there it was sweet and sad all at the same time
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Hazel yep. Not like last  year hardly ran I think in July and August 
    Funnily  when I ran a lot I did a bulk of my training  in the middle of the day

Wabo I'm wishing you all the best with those squares 
    Sending hugs on such a sad day 

I'm just 2 miles from  equaling last years mileage which was my best in about 10 years