Options

Friday 1st September 2023 After the turn of the century in the clear blue skies over Germany

Morning!

Lyrics: After the turn of the century
In the clear blue skies over Germany
Came a roar and a thunder men have never heard

Not sure that this song would be released these days!

Yesterday's were Pretty Flamingo, Manfred Mann

Meteorological first day of autumn; looks more like the first day of summer. 

What: probably around 30 minutes gentle running

Why: slightly concerned about one hamstring

Probably a day for some cross training in both my daughter's garden and my own!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Summer can just eff off here as far as I am concerned Ale - we are due more far too warm weather for the time of year.  Enjoy the gardening and be careful with that hammie.  Good totals for the month.

Good work on the 400s Dustin and on the 1ks Pammie.

The house is back in a village we used to live in Els - still not far from Berne.  It is not (yet) officially on the market we got news of it via the local grapevine.  We already have potential competition, once it is on the market masses.. 

What: gentle recovery with a few strides
    Why: keep moving before Sunday's HM
    Last hard: on the other hand dithering about Sunday - will be too warm again.  Legs felt awful on yesterday's run on top.
    Last rest: 30.08.2023

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Wish you luck with getting the house Hazel! And for the weather cooling down.
    Doesn't look quite so nice here today but hope to get out in a wee while. Was going to go out west but our van broke down in Stromness last night so waiting to see what arrangements P can make for sorting it. Meanwhile prepping a fruit cake to bake later. Also got to go in to work for some admin at some point.
    Still swithering about entering next weekend's HM, only 21 entries so far.
    Lyrics, I have heard them somewhere.
    Careful with the gardening Ale.
  • Options
    Morning again!

By summer I mean it is around 19 degrees, Hazel! Is clouding over now. Hope that you have some good fortune with the house!
    And you have some good fortune with the van, Els!

Collected produce from daughter's wilderness, with a bag full of courgettes and another of French beans. 

What: 32 minutes including pushing on a little in parts

Why: felt reasonable and everyone else seems to be doing some quicker stuff! Hamstring was fine...but I was aware of it, and the other one as well, which I consider to be a good thing! Best when both sides hurt! Probably overstretched them somehow.

Cross training in my garden shortly.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Starter motor is broken, P managed to get it to a garage in stromness so possibly be mended sometime next week. Getting kinda unreliable.
    That's taken him all morning. Meanwhile have had a run up back of hill, 10.4 miles, v soggy after Tues heavy rain. Cake in oven baking then have to go do some admin at work...
    Nice produce and run Ale. We have some peas coming on and cooking apples. Rasps done now.
  • Options
    Hiya 
    Pammie - good work, and yes 400s are sort of mile prep...
    Ale - decent August tally but be careful with that hammy. Enjoy the x-training
    Hazel - ohh good luck with the house
    Els - positive outcome for the van if it can get fixed that quickly, decent run too and even better with the baking skills!

What - easy 50 mins over the fields
    Why - racing Sunday
    last rest - 16/08
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - like Els , I think I've heard them..
    Strange day here, miserable rain all morning, as I went out it was still a bit drizzly but oh my, how muggy was that ? felt like I was running in a sauna...
  • Options
    Evening. Just a quick call in before bed tonight to see how things are going. It's been pretty slow getting back in to the running after the chest infection, but it's finally getting easier again. The endurance just isn't there though, and its only 5 weeks to Chicago - not sure I'll make it.

Lyrics - yes, haven't heard that for years. Had it on a cassette tape of children's songs when I was growing up, though that was in the 80s so I'm not sure it would be quite as accepted at that age these days