Options

Sunday 1st October 2023 I don't

Morning!

Lyrics: I don't.
Have flashy flunkeys everywhere?
I don't.
Who wants the bother of a country estate?
A country estate is something I'd hate!

Line two onwards!

Yesterday's were Money's Too Tight To Mention, The Valentine Brothers...although most will know the SImply Red version

What: fitness suite followed by run

Why: Sunday
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics yes
    And to be honest I do! 🤣
    Bonjour from Paris! 
    Have a good day alehouse
    What 2 mile run streets of Paris and along the Seine
    Why why not
    Last hard that
    Last rest 28/12

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ale I managed 85 miles for September, well done on the 100 I need to do 315 to the end of the year to get 1000, gonna have a go!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    340 I need actually
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Bonjour,  Wabo! I saw your run on Fetch and can picture it! Hope that the weather is better than here!

I need 90 miles for the 1000, but rather a lot to get to 2023km! Must check!

Edit: 557k needed for 2023 in 2023.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Wabo, enjoy! Don't they close some roads for runners there on a Sunday?
    Dustin, hope it's going well.
    Went out to join a local runner, well a pair of runners who are running a marathon every month in aid of gogo olive a charity set up by one of them to provide employment to women in Zimbabwe, Julie is now 23w pregnant so was just doing a bit of every lap so folk were wanted to run with Sarah, went along thinking all I will manage is one 3m loop but 1.42 miles later am back home. Lots of folk out supporting and she did well to tough it out as having a lot of bladder pain. Not speedy but amazing determination! I'm so impressed.
  • Options
    Oops 14.2 miles.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Dustin  thanks
    Wabo enjoy
    Els great running 
    That's great what your running friends are doing

What 1 mile
    Why that will do
    Last hard yesterday 
    Lyrics not yet

September  is always a tricky  month well at least 2 weeks when Christmas gets put in.  And Jan when it goes out.
    Nov/December  also hard so always looking  to improve  on last year hopefully  minimal running will keep the consistency 
    Saying that I'm about 20% up on last year
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - Bonjour! Delightful running along the river! 
    Ale - that's quite a few more ks to get to, good luck!
    Els - decent mileage yet again! Sounds a super challenge too!
    Pammie - good stuff, consistent consistency!

What - Local Half marathon
    Why - seemed a good idea at the time
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - that was
    Always going to be a harder day than usual. Not run more than 10 or 11 miles in earnest since June. This is a fairly hilly route too so the intention was always to take it more comfortably than normal. 
    Ended up with 1.49, not my greatest time, but equally not a disaster. Need to work on the endurance but that's no surprise. On the plus side, I managed the hills without too much trouble. 
    lyric - don't think so

• Options
    Oops 14.2 miles.