AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Thursday 25th January 2024 And the women tug their hair

Morning!

Lyrics: And the women tug their hair
Like they're trying to prove it won't fall out
And all the men are gargoyles
Dipped long in Irish stout

Another place. 

What: something short later

Why: work first
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    Afternoon. 

Think I know those lyrics, but they could be anywhere.

Bit tired yesterday and felt a touch of a cold so didn't run yesterday. Thought I'd have a bit of a blast at 5k today to see how things are going - managed 21:30 but felt tougher than I'd have liked. Overall I'm fairly happy as I haven't done any speedwork for months.

Away for a sports massage shortly but might get my back done rather than my legs today as it's been a bit achey at times recently. I'll get the legs done next time.

Dustin - 4 mins easy run sounds pleasant

Pammie - nice work with the 5k

Good luck with the ferry Els and OH

12k on a treadmill Chick? Rather you than me

Yesterday's lyrics were Vienna by Ultravox. Again, never been but it's on the list
  • Options
    Thanks, we got back last night, not until 10pm though. 
    Work this morning, next bout of windy weather already upon us so a slow 3m this afternoon.
    Hope all are OK!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Glad you're back home, Els/OH.

Bet you're happy thise night shifts are over, Pammie.

Decent 5k blast, chamolk👍🏼

Yes to lyrics. I'm on a roll 😉

10k run just now. I don't like evening running but it was still super windy during the day so I waited for a calm window.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chamolk - ha, should have been 4 mile easy! Thats a tidy 5k marker too, well done
    Chick - decent run 
    Ale - hope you got out
    Els - pleased you made it home safely

What - 7 miles on the SW path (wet., muddy)
    Why - opportunity 
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - that was
    lyric - not so sure today