Options

Wednesday 28th February 2024 Sitting in a sleezy snack bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Morning!

Lyrics: Sitting in a sleezy snack bar
sucking sickly sausage rolls

One place in the band's name; another in the title. 

What: perhaps some upper body work 

Why: legs are having a rest
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

These lyrics are vaguely familiar from the past but I still don't know them.

Yesterday's were Summer in Berlin by Alphaville.

How was the threshold session Dustin?  7 miles are a killer, 5 x 2k hard enough.

Like the idea of a casual 71m before work Els.  Hope the working day wasn't quite as bad as you were fearing.

The TM weighs around 65kg.  We had a row of garden steps to negotiate and then 1 flight of stairs indoors.  OH got the heavy end fortunately.  

Good deal from your work regarding the gyms Chicksta.  Back to gloves and hat yesterday too.

Enjoy the taper for Sunday Wabo.

What: more work on mat and hometrainer, might do a mile or so on the TM as well.
    Why: officially a running rest day but need to get used to it
    Last rest: today?
    Last hard: some of yesterday's hills - it was a chat and jog outing with 2 other ladies for company so we reduced speed rather than increased the effort.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - Hope you get something quality done today while the legs take a sabbatical. Any idea what caused it? You're far more diligent than most with rest, exertion and cross training.
    Hazel - x-training sounds good. I really ought to do more.

what - easy lunchtime miles, club AGM tonight
    why - recovery, show my face
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - yesterday I reckon. Session was 6 or 7 mile threshold. A lot of our group raced a half on Sunday (Wokingham) so they did 7 more progressive : mara pace up to halfM pace. 
    I did 6 miles at something like (current) half pace (7:40s). No real zip but good to run a longer , faster set. 
    Just shy of 11 miles all in. 

lyric - not so sure
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

I would imagine most people now today's lyrics! 

Session sounds tough, Dustin! No idea what caused the current issue and that will form part of tomorrow's discussion with a consultant friend, and also when I speak with a physio later today. Probably falling to bits in my old age, talking of which, asthma clinic shortly. 

Good that you found others to run with yesterday, Hazel!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I dont feel like i know todays lyrics lol
    alehouse, I dont think you are falling apart!
    yesterdays sounds hard to me Dustin
    hazel glad you got company, sounds good
    What: 1.5 miles before work, leaving me just under 3 to do tomorrow to get to 100
    why: all I had time for
    last hard: that
    last rest 28/12/22
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Fast session, Dustin!

I don't know the lyrics either. 

Hazel: That treadie is 10kg heavier than me  :D  casual outing in company sounds great. 

Hope you get more information soon, Ale so you can start rehab stuff. My hamstring issues were all speed work related sadly. I do lots and lots of leg curls with heavy weights hoping to prevent the worst. 

Another cold but still morning so made the most of it an ran 11 miles. 
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening sorry about  my absence 

Had a tough week last week didn't run till Sunday 
    Run since apart from  yesterday

Hazel treadmill is my weight roughly 
    Ale hope you're  OK I'll have to read back

What 3¼ miles run walk
    Why bit exhausted  from 2 night shifts
    Last hard today
    Lyrics guess I'll kick myself