0.92 miles out. 0.96 back 

Comments

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Ale hope all will be OK 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Thanks Pammie, and I do know the lyrics. 

Hope racers and parkrunners go well! Wish I could join you! In fact the 20:24 would be good!

What: nothing

Why: can't run. Scan on hamstrings etc at lunch. 

The rest of the day looks like being glued to the tv to watch the world indoor champs. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Sending healing vibes to South Manchester...

35m21 parkrun (dryish but torrential rain now.)
    Slower than last week but almost didn't go due to pain from back problem.

Like the idea of 2024 run

Lyrics no
    (But having googled, the idea of "refraining from smoking until plane is completely airborne." seems quite archaic. I've never been on a plane where smoking was permitted.)
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done, OH.

Good to see you, chamolk. I never measured my oxygen levels. Maybe I should 😂 I have one of these pulse oxygen metres sitting in a drawer somewhere. Bought in at the height of the COVID panic and never used it.

Hopefully ale has some answers by now 🙏🏼

10k on a beautiful spring morning 🌷

Have a good weekend, all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Thanks for the healing vibes! And good that you got out there, OH!

Far from beautiful here, Chick: 6 degrees and rain for the most part.

No news: scans done but results some time Tuesday. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Back home and sprawled on the sofa.

Did 3 miles with a friend to run to the race and knew something wasn't great as my HR was about 15 BPM higher than it should have been.

Half started ok, sitting about 7:45 per mile for the first 6 miles then started to slow. Didn't quite feel like I hit the wall but I needed to take two brief walks in the last mile, finished in about 1:47. Everyone seemed to find the course measured a little long though, but it was scenic though very muddy in parts.

Run back to friend's house after - ended up only doing 2.5 miles and walking the rest as felt pretty rough again

Overall, got 18.8 miles done, but slowing down was a bit disheartening as I'd hoped this would be a nice boost to ahead of the last 7 weeks of marathon training. My wife thinks I'm still struggling with my cold as I was apparently coughing quite a bit before I left the house. It's certainly easier to blame that than just being undertrained.

Some positives, some negatives. Hoping to do a few miles tomorrow, and I've still got time left before London.

Haven't fully caught up yet on the last week or so but I'm assuming you've still got hamstring issues Ale if you've had a scan done. Hope it's improving

Going to have a wee rest/doze on the sofa I think, though I really need a shower as my legs are pretty muddy

Lyrics - no
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening

Well done on your HM+ chamolk. Does sound like you are a bit off colour. Hope you had a nice snooze on the sofa to recover.

At least Tuesday will come around soon and you have the athletics to distract you Ale. Must catch up on what the E-hammer is up to.. You are welcome to join me on my mat, we might need a double sized one though, bit small for two.. ,(ups don't know where this is heading to! 😀) 
    Good work on the 20:24 pammie. Close to a mile each way.

Lovely spring morning sounds good chicksta. Great Feb mileage for you.

My watch is supposed to be able to measure oxygen levels but if it is as accurate as the wrist HRM... 97% apparently.

Yesterday's lyrics: Leonard Cohen, First we take Manhatten

What: first HM length run since that non-mara on 1st Jan.
    Why: rebuilding but will hold that distance now
    Last hard: the hill up, 12 min/mile shuffle
    Last rest: 25.02.24

Lyrics: nope today
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Oh, sorry to hear your back was so troublesome again OH. Lucky you missed the worst of the weather.