Last rest 28 12 22
Have a good day all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were Midnight Train to Georgia,  Gladys Knight and The Pips.

Enjoy work, Wabo, and the run afterwards. 

What: perhaps a little upper body work

Why: staying off my legs
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Ups regarding the race details mix up Els.  Good however that that is fixed before the day.  

Hope the cough isn't too bad today Wabo - take it easy.

I can imagine yesterday's session was a bit hard Dustin.

That tear does sound pretty nasty Ale.  Seems a good time to put in some non-leg work.

What: mat and hometrainer, maybe a mile on the tready
    Why: maybe a mini streak?  Keeping up the alternative training
    Last hard: run in company was nice, the hills on the selected route were tough though (some marching was done)
    Last rest: 25.02.2024

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - sounds like a good run yesterday, enjoy the non running activities
    Ale - hope the upper body stuff keeps you sane
    Wabo - have fun on the easy run later

what - easy london miles
    why -recovery
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - yesterday , 5x600s at 3k pace, 200 recoveries 6th one was 'steady'
    Shortish but tough session. 
    lyric - hmm, not sure today
  • Options
    Doesn't sound like particularly good news, AH, but at least you've got a definite diagnosis.
    Walk, Aqua-walk and badminton today.
    Off south on ferry tonight - may involve a bit of "parkrun tourism"  for me while Els does "10 parkruns" (AKA John Muir 50k Ultra). Visiting a couple of friends as well as seeing the grandchildren - Ellie 3 years old on 15th!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    All sounds good, OH! Wish I could at least virtually join you on the parkrun (but not Els on the ultra!)! Enjoy the wee ones!

Not sure if I said but consultants are meeting tomorrow to discuss my tear! Hopefully will know more about what is happening tomorrow evening. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hello

Sorry for the awolness but life in cape town was very hectic. I did do a lot of running and came 2nd lady at hout bay parkrun on Saturday. I really enjoyed running with the local running club too. Did some hiking and lots and lots of swimming including some with dolphins!!!! We'd taken Lucas down to the beach to play and suddenly I saw them in the water. I ran in and ended up swimming about 5m away from them, was too scared to get any closer!

After all the excitement of the many wedding events and the wedding we are all exhausted and landing on Monday and going straight to work has done me in! Did manage 5km tonight and am taking it easy before Sunday's ultra.

Ale that sounds really bad, hopefully you get some answers from the consultant.

Els is your ultra Saturday or Sunday?

Happy Wednesday all
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Will be good to have a management plan Ale!
    Lyrics, no.
    Hazel, sounds like youre enjoying running again! Good stuff.
    Quaking re ultra, not sure which is most likely, getting timed out or getting lost, seems a rather devious route on the map which I'll never manage to follow. Offended that Ale doesn't fancy joining me!
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    edited March 6
    Evening 

Ale hope that  the plans the consultants have for you are positive

Dustin  hope you've recovered  from last night's session 

Els hope ultra goes well

Hazel Funnily enough I bought Flanagans run from a charity  shop the other week not read yet but will do 

Looking at it this edition  published  in 1983 cost £1.95  probably  cost £8.99 now minimum 

What 2 miles
    Why routine
    Last hard that, ,cut run short  just after effects  of night shifts 
    Lyrics no