Options

Saturday 9th March There the wicked Carried us away in captivity Required from us a song

There the wicked
Carried us away in captivity
Required from us a song

A cold grey drizzly morning in Port Seton for start of Ultra ...
Els sheltering in car until nearer start time. Then I'll head to my deciUltra AKA parkrun.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Thanks for the lyrics, OH, which I'm sure that I should know! Enjoy the deciUltra!

Go well, Els! And anyone else racing or parkrunning!

Yesterday's lyrics: Ronnie Hilton, A Windmill in Old Amsterdam

What: helping at uni cross country champs

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning

OH all the best with the ultra
    And Els 

What 1 mile 
    Why all I felt like felt hard so cut run short 
    Last hard today
    Lyrics No 
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Good luck Els! And Wabo and Emz ( tomorrow?)

Hope it is a nice parkrun course OH.

Well done for helping out Ale but careful with the leg.

Hope you aren't going down with something Pammie.

What: probably an HM length bimble
    Why: this week's longer run
    Last lazy:no core work done yesterday, does housework this morning compensate?
    Last rest: 25.02.24

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Dry but grey for parkrun
    36m50

I'm sure everyone knows the lyrics (just not the first lines of song as they would have been a giveaway)
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Walled city (ie Derry) 10 mile race this morning. Went really well, better than expected, and ended up with 1:12:41 according to the watch - still waiting for the official results. Definitely made up for last week and suggests that maybe I was still struggling with the cold more than I'd realised. Was hoping to get about 1:15 but thought 1:17 - 1:18 more likely.

10:30 start which was nice as it was just over an hour's drive away. Almost perfect weather - dry, bit of sun at times, about 8 degrees. Bit of wind but was only head-on occasionally. Fairly flat, other than a section in the middle which was up over a bridge to cross the Foyle. Thought I'd start about 7:45 per mile end just see how it went but was feeling good to was able to pick it up as I went and did the last 4 miles in 28:15. Averaged 7:17 per mile overall. 

Biggest race medal I've ever got - I'll try and add a photo.

Probably try and get a bit of a walk later then maybe some stretching and yoga tonight. Legs feel ok now but I'm going to run tomorrow so don't want to get too stiff 

Hope it's going well for Els. Glad you've finished your miniultra already OH.

Enjoy the helping Ale

Hope you feel better tomorrow Pammie

Probably Hazel - depends how energetic the housework is

Lyrics - was just typing that I didn't know them when I suddenly got it.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Nice work,  Chamolk! 

Off to meal with students and then present prizes at the AGM. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    6h25m45s for Els
    2nd FV60
     :D 
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Great time chamolk!
    Go well tomorrow Emz.
    Hope it was better weather for helping Ale.
    6.25.40 fore and second in ages group...might only have been two of us though I don't know. Happy with that given current fo and training. V cold at start with no shelter and waterproof never came off though only a couple of light showers. Strong headwind most of first half and a lot of the second made it hard and no familiar faces to be seen.ostly narrow trail with a few pavement stretches a bit of beach which was quite tricky as high tide. Coastal for first  20 miles then around Berwick law...glad we didn't go up it as mega steep looking. Saw the bass rock also. Then around two little lakes and the last 9 miles good trail around edges of fields but seemed to go on for a bit. Finished at another estuary and outdoor centre lake with freshly cooked pizza slices for all finishers. Really hit the spot. Was pretty cold at the end thought. Peter valiantly waited all that time for me so thanks to him!
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Hazel, that's a long bumble! 
    Not at our air b n b and going to be joined by 2 of the kids next weekend. 
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Oh, I forgot you were racing as well Chamolk, sorry. Seems you didn't need any good lucks though! Well raced! 

Well done on your mini ultra and supporting Els OH.

Well below the cut-off Els, great result! Did you not get a prize then? Not so easy conditions by the sounds of it.

HM length run included some 11 min miling which is pretty bimble for me though was uphill. Doesn't matter though..
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - thats awesome, well done, great performance
    Chamolk - wow, super run. Well done
    OH - decent PR
    Ale - good work helping out at the xc
    Hazel - solid run today!
    Pammie - got something done, good work

What - track: 5x400, 7x200 
    Why - lunacy
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - this morning!
    lyric - don't think so
    Didn't feel as lively as I'd hoped this morning but managed to stick with it and wasn't too far off what I'd hoped for. 
    Getting there....

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Tailwalking at parkrun this morning with my mini sidekick for his second ever grown up parkrun. Then trying to rest which is hard with said mini sidekick.

Well done chamolk what a great result 

And wow els. No way I'll be going that fast tomorrow. I've got 33 miles to get through and it'll definitely take me over 7 hours!

Early night as I try to get that last bit of rest in. 

That session is making me tired just reading it Dustin!