Options

Friday 15th March 2024 When will we see your like again

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: When will we see your like again
That fought and died for
Your wee bit hill and glen

Line two onwards. If you watch rugby you may hear these words around 4:45 tomorrow!

What: a few stretches

Why: prescribed. Saw the physio and he wants me to become a little more mobile and I am down to using just one crutch and need to try to walk the 500 metres into the village! Plus a few gentle strengthening exercises with the focus on the lower adductors. He is mystified as to how the tear happened, though. 

Yesterday's lyrics: Penny Lane, The Beatles
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Bit of progress Ale.  That is good news.

I must watch a bit of the rugby.

Once I get myself going then I like a bit of a hill session Dustin.  It is less of a I should be running a certain pace but instead the opponent is get up the bloody thing (I know what I mean at least).

Hope you got out for your streak saver yesterday Wabo.  I did a couple of hill reps for you.

Good thing you are no longer at Credit Suisse Chicksta, they were taken over recently by UBS.  The hill race series is great, I just need to forget about former times/placing and as you say enjoy it.  They are good for socializing.  I can decide on the day as well if I want to go.  

Another good 10 miler chamolk - tough session also.  

Thanks for the great report emzap - seems you got the pacing sorted right from the outset.  Not easy conditions and I'm not sure about the idea of that tunnel.

Hope OH is feeling better today Els.  Enjoy the family weekend.

What: recovery run later - likely outside today
    Why: leg loosener
    Last hard: yesterday's hills
    Last rest: 25.02.2024

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Great report, Emz! I used to have a 400 metre tunnel next to a canal on one of my routes. I didn't like it at all!

Otherwise, what Hazel wrote!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    The 380m one was ok ale, just about. 2.8 km was something else!

Down to 1 crutch sounds like progress though...

I also struggle to forget former times/pace hazel so with you on that. We need to focus on now though. So hard!

Els I had only trained up to 10 miles. Yours sounds tough on that beach section!  Hope P is better today and it's nice having family back.

No running today but 2 hours at the trampoline park at toddler takeover. I'm wiped out!

Happy Friday all.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - progress of sorts I guess
    Chamolk - decent session, shaping up nicely for London
    Emz - great report. Sounds like you judged it very well indeed, well done!
    Hazel - enjoy the easy. I know what you mean about hills!
    Chick - as Hazel said CS imploded (they were just down the road in Canary Wharf of late). A few of our contractors have been there (& back) over the years...

What - 7 road miles banked
    Why - getting it done
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - Tuesdays reps. Track tomorrow!
    lyric - dont think so

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I left CS in 2010 but I followed the news and actually wasn't too surprised they went belly up. Lots of weird management decisions going on when I was still there. One morning I found myself at work and almost all my team had been sacked overnight :D 

Progress of sorts, Ale. 

All miles are good miles, Dustin.

Sounds like you're really getting fitter, chamolk. I love it when that happens. 

Great report, Emzap!

Els: you busy bee. Hope P. is feeling better. 

Hazel: I enjoy races without expectations most. It's the kind where I'm cautious, run within myself and notice towards the end that I have still some power left to overtake people. They are never fast but the feeling at the end of the race when most around you are struggling as you zoom past is priceless. Mind you, in road races I am frequently the one that's being left for dust :D 

Lovely morning and another 20k done. It just felt good. 

Have a great weekend, all.