Options

Monday 18th March - Harmful elements in the air, Symbols clashing everywhere

DustinDustin ✭✭✭
Morning All

Lyric - Harmful elements in the air
Symbols clashing everywhere

Chamolk - decent training of late, also at an encouraging pace. Shaping up nicely
Ale - glad to see you getting some activity chalked off
OH - decent PR , and congrats too Emz with the PBPB
Chick - I don't think sketchy management was limited to CS...seen it in multiple financial organisations (including my own)
Wabo - good work streak saving and belated birthday wishes
Pammie - ohh new trails shoes. Given the state of the fields, they'll probably needed for months to come yet!

Awol much of the weekend
Saturday track session (2x600, 4x400, 6x200) then up into London to see the Tom Hanks narrated Apollo thing at the Light Room followed by dinner on Drury Lane. Sunday was 10 trail miles over what can only be described as swamp followed by some routine garden chores (removing moss from gutters mainly).
Today - easy recovery around the island
Why - recovery Monday
last rest - 21/09
last hard - weekend's runs

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Galway Girl, Ed Sheeran 

What: Just a few stretches

Sounds a decent weekend,  Dustin!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Does sound like a nice weekend Dustin.  

Enjoy the stretches Ale.

Sorry to hear you weren't well for your birthday Wabo.

New shoes nice and muddy already then Pammie?

Marathon training does seem to be going well chamolk but definitely put in enough long ones.  HM length training run went nicely - set out with the goal of sub 2 and did that with no issues (1:53:xx), just mildly tired over the last couple of miles.  Small steps I suppose and setting modest goals is currently the way forward for me.

I'm surprised Ellie is 3 already Els.  Cake looked lovely.

What: recovery, mat etc.
    Why: Monday
    Last rest: 16.03.2024

Lyrics: another no

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    els yummy cake I am not surprised it all went!
    Lyrics yes
    Had a lovely birthday, feeling a lot brighter now, just left with the after effects of a heavy cold.
    Glad your training is going well hazel.
    Dustin sounds like a lovely weekend
    Pammie, hope th enew shoes are doing well. Well done on the park run.
    I am currently looking at new road shoes, got birthday money and after the pains I had in my feet training for the half, I need to get some wide ones I think!
    What: 2 miles d&d before work, another mile is possible later
    why: start to gently pick it up now
    last hard: this morning
    Last rest: 28/12/24

Got two race entries coming up, Writtle 5 (off road I think) good Friday. Then a 10k 10/4.
    Assembly league starts 4th April at Beckenham and I really want to try and do them this year

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Busy weekend, Dustin.

Hope you feel better, wabo. Well done doing the streak saver despite feeling rubbish.

Chamolk: it's all coming together at the right time.

Els: I love that Smarties cake 🍰

Good parkrun, Pammie

Nice HM training run, Hazel.

Missed posting yesterday. Took my parents on a day out for coffee and cake. It's always a bit of a hassle with dad's wheelchair but we managed.

I ran 10k yesterday and today. Still cold unfortunately 🥶
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Lyrics.. nope!
    Dustin good swamp training!
    Wabo, glad you are better and had a good birthday!
    Hazel, super HM time esp as a training run, v jealous!
    I know doesn't seem 3 years but the boys will be a year end of April!
    Ale, keep stretching! And no dangerous gardening!
    Chick, good training and well done on the wheelchair cross training with cake.
    Long day here, Rachael's flight check in 6.30 am then got on the road but didn't find a coffee til 10 despite several unproductive stops! Just had a nice walk up to fryish monument first sun in over a week! Won't be home until 9 pm. I have lost my voice for last 48 hours, made speaking at the birthday party tricky!. Felt rough last night with headache and wheezing as well but has improved asorning went on. Good job!
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Spot the Peter
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Evening everyone

2 nights done out of 4, but sleeping well during the day this time which makes such a big difference. Running out of time to run this evening so might take it as a rest day and just do a bit of yoga or something before work.

Jealous of the cake Els, looked great. Hope the voice comes back soon. We're getting a lot of calls about similarly symptoms for whatever is going round at the minute, causing a lot of wheezing 

Glad you're improving already Wabo

Nice run at the half Hazel, well done

Good weekend Dustin. The Apollo thing sounds interesting - was it a one off, or is it on for a while?

Chick - I guess Els is probably right, pushing the wheelchair around is it's own form of training too

Lyrics - no, though it sounds a bit like running in a big city with the pollution and noise 😅
  • Options
    On the boat ...
    Els at Fyrish
    Lyrics no
    (Yes these photos were taken within minutes of each other)

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    That cake looked amazing and lovely photos els!

Hazel wow at that time!

Chamolk some great training going on

Wabo happy birthday for yesterday.

Yesterday did a very slow junior parkrun (was so muddy) followed by a 10 km walk in the afternoon. Today a rest.  Hoping to get to track in the morning, let's see.

Ale how's the leg getting on?

Happy Monday all