Options

Tue 19th March - By a lonely prison wall

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - By a lonely prison wall
I heard a young girl calling
"Michael, they have taken you away"

Often heard at rugby and football matches

Nice pics Els

Did some stretching last night then my first core work in ages - only did 10 mins so as not too be too stiff today and just eased back in to it. Did 10 mins bodyweight leg work during a slight break in work.  As I don't do much of any of this stuff, I'm aiming just for a few 10 minute sessions initial each week, then hopefully increase the length as I get better

Hopefully an hour easy later after a sleep, but still 90 mins work to go. Lots of viral illnesses about

Comments

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Well done on the core work chamolk - a few minutes several times a week is definitely better than nothing.  I started back into it 2 months ago and have built up to 3 times a week and around 40mins now.  The time that it takes does annoy me a bit but I think it is helping.

Don't catch any of those illnesses.

Enjoy shopping for new shoes Wabo.  Nice to have some more races coming up.

Nice pics yesterday Els and OH.  Weather looked nice.  Hope you are feeling a bit better today Els.

Did you get to the track emzap?

What: group?
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 16.03.24
    Last hard: yesterday's TM recovery - those km ticked over so slowly

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Morning, no to lyrics I think.
    chamolk, interesting with the bugs, never lost my voice before but improved today!
    Catch up at home, short run, yoga is the plan. Hope there are no headstands today!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    ordered new shoes, I cannot believe that I had been buying width B on all my new balance, not a problem until I wanted to do a longer run. So I ordered d width new balance 880. Money from mum and mate.
    Lovely photos els
    els, no way I could do a headstand
    hazel enjoy t he group
    chamolk enjoy the stretching and hope you get the hour

What: less than 2 miles d& d
    why: off to see 6 later with Cleo and my mates
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 28/12/22
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: probably should do!

I've never been able to do a headstand and I'm not going to try now!

Emz: leg report as requested...gradually improving but won't really comment until I have my "surgical opinion" on Thursday. 

What size shoes are you, Wabo? You can have some of mine at present as they aren't going to be used for a long time!

Managed to mow the lawns yesterday despite Els warning me not to do any gardening. The mower takes a fair amount of the weight so it wasn't too bad. 

Hope that you find someone to run with, Hazel. Unfortunately I am currently not available. 

Enjoy the hour, all being well, Chamolk.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, I am a 7 lol - same with headstand

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - nice photos, and good to hear the voice is back!
    Chick - sounds like a pleasant outing with the parents
    Chamolk - Apollo thing on until October I think. Worth a visit if you're a NASA/Space geek
    Hazel - hope you find a group!
    Wabo -oohh new shoes, nice
    Ale - good work in the garden. First cut of the year?

What - easy half hour done, club set tonight (5x800s)
    Why - needed to get away from the desk, regular session
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - tonight will be
    lyric - sounds like I ought to. 
    Yesterday was Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie & the Banshees
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lyrics no
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    no headstand here either! I fear I'd break my neck if tried it ;)  Plough is as far as I go in terms of stressing my neck.

That Apollo thing is deffo one for me, Dustin. I'm a total space nerd. So bad that I'll swing by Starbase in South Texas next month on our US road trip 🚀

Great pics yesterday, Els and OH. Hope the voice is back. 

Fingers crossed for your appointment on Thursday, Ale. 

I think we all hate core work, Hazel and chamolk. But it does pay dividends. I do two heavier sessions at the gym per week and at least 50 push ups and squats per day plus the odd side plank. 

Another 10k done. Still cold. Still windy. Hoping for something longer tomorrow.
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Chick, don't mind a plough but somehow I irrationally think that because of my aneurysm tendencies headstands are scary. Stupid I know!  US road trip coming up, wow!
    Voice is back but developed a cough and slight wheeze, feel better though. Nevertheless was a pretty slow 5.5m run, yoga was fine though!
    Garden not been mowed yet, still too soggy, was raining heavily as we got home last night.
    7 as well Wabo but very wide feet, Hoka clifton wide fit my road shoe of choice!
    Hope you get a group together Hazel.
    Chamolk, I kid myself that occasional yoga is core work!
    Nice training Dustin!
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I made the track. Just under 8km including 2x800, 2x400, 2x200 and 2x100. My knees are hurting so I'm going to take a couple days off now. Didn't go to circuits for that reason.

Ale thank you. Let us know how Thursday goes.

Dustin, I'm married to an astrophysicist does that count 😂 think we count as space nerds here.

Chick oh when are you off?  Did I tell you we are going Brüder Grimm this year?

Glad voice is back els but not wheezy....

Happy Tuesday all