Options

Wednesday 20th March 2024 Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme

Second line!

What: some gentle stretches and upper body work

Why: about as energetic as I can be!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Would you like to come and mow my lawn Ale?  I must admit I have never mown a lawn with a proper mower in my life!  (only a tiny one with a non-motorized one).  I hope it is dried out enough and I can work out how to remove the grass box. 

Don't think I will try to do a headstand.  Thinking of such acrobatic activities.  Did any of you used to be able to do a cartwheel?  I never could.  

I could do with a get-away-from-the-desk run right now Dustin.  Want to join me?

Nice holidays to look forward to Chicksta.  I am impressed by your core work routine, especially if you can manage side-planks (I can't!).  Hope the longer run works out today.

Well done on getting to the track emzap but not good with the knees.  

Good news on the voice back Els.

Not really into space stuff myself but can understand other people's interest.

I did find a group yesterday - 4 of us out.  And several other runners - must be Spring.

Thinking of holidays: anyone any tips for the Peak District? Good area for staying in? (likely B&B).  OH likes the idea of going that way as it is closer to Northampton than the alternative Lake District.  We are heading over late April.

What: mat, hometrainer
    Why: rest day

Lyrics: no.  hmm - might make a good stuffing mix with a few more ingredients?  
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Never been able to do a cartwheel, although in my schooldays I did quite a bit of gymnastics (vault mainly).
    I really need to do more stretching, squats, core , gym work. Just need a few more hours in the day.
    Chick - road trip sounds good. 
    Hazel - see you outside in 10. 
    Been a while since I was last in the Peak District , but Castleton is a good base. Been decades since we did caves but recall Speedwell as one of them. There is also 'blue John' - localised gemstone. It's also not far from some of the decent peaks like Mam Tor. Edale isn't far away and the start of the Pennine Way (Jacob's Ladder)

What - London recovery / village coaching tonight
    Why - recovery / routine
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - last night: 5x800s at 5k pace with 400 recovery, long w/u & c/d , 10 all in
    lyric - I think I should do
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Emzap: Exciting! I don't think I'm fit enough do to Gebrüder Grimm. Also, I don't like running in the heat but the scenery seems absolutely amazing.

Hazel: I could do cartwheels, handstands and all sorts of acrobatic things when I was a kid. I gave up when I was a teenager - I was too tall and couldn't coordinate my limbs properly anymore :D 
    I really like side planks but I have a slightly arthritic wrist. Some days are worse than others. 

Well done on the intervals Dustin and emzap.

Managed a little over 20k this morning and a decent gym session in my lunch break. 

Fingers crossed for your doctors appointment tomorrow, Ale. 
  • Options
    Quiet day
    Floored following shingles immunisation #2

Peak District was my "playground" in the 70s but would have no idea where to stay, now or then. Bus or train from Stockport. On a misty day Kinder can absorb a thousand people and still make you feel as if you're up there by yourself.
    Nice walks along ridges either side of Edale.

Lyrics yes