Options

Friday 22nd March - I'm hearing the light from the window

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
I'm hearing the light from the window
I'm seeing the sound of the sea

I love this song and the place
What 4 miles
Why crazy idea of squeezing in that 100 for march
Last hard the hills with Hayley last night!
Last rest 28 12 22
Happy Friday all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    As a waspi I love seeing it all in the news but I'm not holding my breath....
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

I'm sure that I should know the lyrics...

Not doing LFOTM,  Wabo? A week early as it is Good Friday next week. And you can get to 100! And I hear you re Waspi and found yesterday's suggestions for compensation insulting; I could go on but this is a running thread...although the topic will keep on running for a good while yet!

Thanks all re yesterday's surgical opinion: not a satisfactory situation but could be worse! 

Optician today on the never ending visits to medical practitioners; dentist went well on Tuesday, hearing next week! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Optician for me too this morning.
    Blowing a hoolie but will likely do my usual walk around Scapa after that.
    Have physios got any recommendations for keeping going meantime, AH?
    Lyrics - back to the usual "no idea"
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Have been given a couple of ideas from physio, OH, but he wanted to wait until yesterday's consultation. I'm sure that he will gradually increase the amount of stretches etc. Enjoy the walk around Scapa! And the optician!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

yesterday's lyrics: London Town by Wings

Good that you at last have results Ale - even if not so great regarding the duration.  

I think I will pass on that shingles vaccination then - I had a bad reaction to the covid-19 one and that was enough thanks.

Good luck with the 100m Wabo.

The 4k yesterday looked decent Dustin.

What is a waspi Wabo?  I don't like wasps (the ones that go zzzzzz at least)! 

Don't get blown away OH.

What: recovery, mat, home trainer
    Why: Friday
    Last hard: yesterday's hill wasn't easy (300m in one go) but got up it ok. At the moment the lungs could go faster but the legs wouldn't keep up.
    Ongoing hard: about to throw my (work) laptop out of the window!  Doesn't anyone go by "don't touch a running system" these days!
    Last rest: 20.03.2024

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Ale, you and Peter at optician, it's all glamour as we get older!
    At least there is a plan Ale, albeit a frustrating time for you.
    Hazel, feel your pain with computers! Just had to go in to sign clinic letters as can't do that remotely. That's a mega hill but guess you're not short of them in your area!
    Continued on from work to run 6.5 miles, slow but v windy (supposed to get up to 60 though doesn't necessarily feel that bad yet!)
    Walk with friend this afternoon and out to see "Trail by Jury" in the courthouse this evening!
    Wabo, good mileage, mine will be low this month, tapering then recovering from ultra though did quite a few miles with Jack on my back and Sean in buggy last week (Jack hates the buggy!). No way could run with 8.5 kilo on my back though!
    Lyrics -  no.
    Now do I enter this 15m trail race or not, would have to cancel if P gets surgery date but would be a chance to see our 2 CW friends from Netherlands who are doing it. Alas I will no longer keep pace with them (we used to have a bit of friendly rivalry!).
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - I won't ask what you DID get up to instead of cartwheels!
    Ale - good luck with the next waiting room. If you were a horse.......
    OH - hope optician went well, reminds me , I must be due an appointment
    Els- decent run by the sounds of it. We also know what you'll do about that 15m race too don't we ?!!
    Hazel - ahh easy day, enjoy! Yeah , 4k yesterday was surprisingly sprightly...

What - popping out to get some sun
    Why - Quiet office , need a break
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - surprisingly the strides yesterday. Been tired all week, and have track tomorrow...
    lyric - not sure I do

• Options
    Bright but cold and windy nevertheless - generating 3kW from our new solar panels.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Excellent hill work, Hazel.

Great news on the solar panels, OH. We have an electric car and been debating a solar roof for good couple of years now. However, this is a notoriously bad area with lots of cloud cover and not much sun. And we have a tall building on one side and old trees on the other throwing shade on our roof most of the time so the calculations we did weren't favourable which is a shame. 

Is that trail race expensive to enter, Els? Or can you leave it till last minute with the entry perhaps?

Good to have a bouncy run, Dustin. 

Would also like to know what waspi is, Ale/wabo. Intrigued. 

11k for me. Felt like running through treacle. Complete opposite to yesterday's 10 which was full of energy. And half a minute per k faster. Anyway, miles in the bank, so I can't complain. 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    The waspis are women like me, born in 50's thought we would retire at 60 and lol and behold it's 66, only I've still got a mortgage, might have cleared it with a pension at 60! 
    Women against state pension inequality
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick sorry it was a treacle run today
    Oh that's fantastic about the panels!
    'Wabo - I won't ask what you DID get up to instead of cartwheels'
    Climbing sheds, playing on bomb sites, swinging from trees, playing cricket with a tennis racket. But never cartwheels 😂
    Els be a shame to not enter!
    Hazel hope you had a good Friday! 
    Actually ale I didn't enter because I was meant to take Cleo to her ballet exam but step dad stepped up and I completely realise now I could have done it 😢 had a good day though and I've entered April