Options

Sunday 24th March 2024 And I drive the main road

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited March 24 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: And I drive the main road
Searchin' in the sun for another overload

Second and third lines, and a change of continent. 

Yesterday: Barcelona, Queen

I am not surprised that you wanted to vent your feelings, OH! I'd be asking them which newspaper they want to appear in. 

Re solar panels, I have had them for a decade, and being in the north west of England that hasn't proved to be the best investment. 

What: some stretches

Why: being ultra careful until I speak with the consultant or physio about the next steps. Am gradually becoming more mobile. 

Wonder how Chamolk is going on. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Sorry, bit quiet this week. Finished my run of 4 nights in wednesday morning, had a few hours sleep and woke up with a stinker of a cold - the boys have all got it too. Considered running through it but decided taking a few days off at this stage was more sensible to make sure I get to London able to run. Half marathon this morning, so went and did 30 mins yesterday to check if I was fit to run today - went ok, though HR higher than it should be, so decided I was ok to run today but just to see how it went and abandoned the time target. Thought I'd have felt more rested after 3 days not running, but still pretty achy and tired which I think just showed the cold hasn't fully gone yet 

Portadown Half marathon this morning. Nice weather, well organised. Felt pretty good and did first 8 miles in almost exactly 1hr, which was actually what I'd initially planned on running. Paid for it a bit near the end though and did a positive split, finishing in 1:41 I think. Bit concerned near the end as I started to get complaints from my right hamstring for some reason, despite not doing any speedwork recently.

Average 7:45 per mile which I'm pretty happy with, though with hindsight I should have started a bit more conservatively and picked it up later. 

4 weeks to go to London. I'll need to work on this hamstring a bit. I'll also a bit worried about my endurance still so I'm going to get 1 or 2 more long runs done, but I'll just focus on marathon pace and not worry about any speed stuff.

Haven't looked over the last few days yet, hope everyone is doing ok.

Lyrics no
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Ale, glad you're more mobile! 
    Chamolk, great HM result, though I'm not sure I knew Portadown had a HM. Was somewhere we used to go for bigger array of shops as a child, and a cafe in the upstairs part of a furniture shop (sure it's not still there!). And roller skating I recall! Take it steady between now and London.
    Had a day off yesterday after being frozen marshalling but still coughing and slightly wheezy. Tempted to do a short run this afternoon so long as rain holds off. 
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening

Well done on your HM chamolk - good time considering the cold and the hamstring.  London seems to be coming up fast now.  Seems you have a good plan for the last few weeks.

Hope you got out in the dry if at all Els after yesterday's conditions.

That is crap regarding the van OH.  Sounds like they should be offering you some kind of discount on the final bill.  Careful with that plinth transportation - might be a bit heavy?

Great work on the 25:xx parkrun emzap.

Thanks for the waspi information.   55 years is a long time wabo.  

We are also thinking about solar panels - I think the grants here are now non-existant after a few generous years and the price you get paid for feeding into the network yourself if you have a surplus have also fallen a lot.  We have a warm water wotsit on the roof at least which makes quite a difference in sunny weather.

Busy day on the track and in the garden yesterday Dustin.  Do you also have a quick race report for us maybe??  

What: another HM distance MLR today.  Quite a bit slower this week (deliberately) Felt tougher though despite a decent tailwind and more downhill than up.  
    Why: consolidating
    Last hard: that was a bit, otherwise a full day in the furniture stores yesterday - finally got a lamp for over the dining table though so last naked bulb is now dealt with
    Last rest: 23.03.24

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    OH - wow, that's one story. No wonder you're ranting...
    Wabo - wow, 55 years! I thought you were only 39....
    Ale - sounds sensible to try and keep moving
    Chamolk - solid effort, well done. As you saying, making the start line in reasonable shape is the key now
    Els - did you get out?
    Hazel - well done on the MLR. re solar panels, I think there is a 'green' subsidy here, not sure though. 
    Race report? see below

What - Fleet half marathon
    Why - just up the road, seemingly half my club were running and peer pressure is ridiculous
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - this weekend

Only entered on Thursday as a last minute whim. No great expectations after a track session yesterday but given I usually do 10-12 as a 'long' run this seemed a reasonable compromise. 
    Started off with the 1:50 pacers but was soon in front of them with the 1:45s (8mn/mile) always in sight.
    By about mile 5, I was just on the back of them, and let them do the hard work of keeping the pace!
    by mile 11 I picked up the pace slightly and ran in just under 1:44. 
    Given I was expecting heavy legs, it was reasonably comfortable throughout with pretty even pacing. 
    Happy with that. 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Actually what am I talking about 55 years 😂😂50
    Although I am only 39 to be fair....
    Chamolk Great half marathon, how you're ok after it
    Dustin wow, go you!! Brilliant
    Hazel nice running and glad you've covered the naked bulb
    Ale glad you're more mobile
    Els hope you're on the mend
    What 7 miles done all of road with oh
    Why he offered and it was lovely to be fair!
    Last hard that
    Last rest 28 12 22
    I'm still sort of bunged up, this thing drags on. 
    Got a heavy week ahead to tick off 100, might attempt a couple of double days to help out
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can