Options

Wednesday 27th March I went out for a ride and I never went back Like a river that don't know where

I went out for a ride and I never went back
Like a river that don't know where it's flowing
I took a wrong turn and I just kept going

Late start this morning.
Grey morning again here.
Walk shortly

Comments

• Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited March 27
    Having second thoughts about lyrics- perhaps even more (in)appropriate than I had intended.
    Sorry.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Thanks for the lyrics OH.  Not that I know them.  Enjoy your walk even if the weather is dull.

Like the idea of getting faster emzap.  I would like to do that too.  I won't get back to the glory days of 2018/2019 but better than now would be nice! But as you say - without getting injured.

Some sort of treatment on the horizon then Ale.  And the physio might give you something more to do tomorrow maybe.

Holiday then speed sounds like a plan chicksta.

Bit over 5 a day to go Wabo - or a marathon on Sunday?  ;)

Found 2 co-runners yesterday - we will be back to the standard time and route likely next week so maybe a couple more will be willing - also due to more daylight.  I will miss the route finding expeditions.  Yesterday's went off track up an around 1:3 woodland slope - no chance of running that so we marched.

What: hometrainer, mat
    Why: running rest day
    Last rest: 27.03.24
    Last hard: sleeping - my left knee hurt all night - no idea what that was about - it is ok today but the right one is grumbling instead!

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Lyrics - again no idea!
    Enjoy the walk OH , and Els, No, I'm not doing London. 
    I coach the marathon group and usually do a spring marathon but not been caught up this year (so far...).
    I will amble round our club's marathon in June though (trail).
    Wabo - be careful not to over do it mileage chasing. I'll be joining you in the extra days off soon I hope...
    Hazel - glad you found company. Yep, daylight for training next week for us too! Hope the knees perk up...
    Ale - fingers crossed the jabs prove helpful

What - easy lunchtime miles
    Why - Recovery
    Last Rest - 21/09
    Last Hard - Yesterday. 5x1200s (400) in torrential rain (why does it always rain on Tuesdays?)
    Tough session, but managed to grind it out. Not exactly bouncing but pretty consistent (5.20s, so around 4.25-4.30 min ks) Just shy of 9 miles all in.

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 27
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were On Ilkley Moor Baht 'at, which is the unofficial anthem of Yorkshire. 

What: some gentle cross training in the garden plus gentle stretching later.

Why: being careful 

I think that you are correct about Tuesdays and rain, Dustin! Eldest used to play cricket on a Tuesday; two seasons in a row were almost washed out but on any other day some sort of game would have been possible. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Well today I've erred on the side of caution, only did a mile. I'm not terrible but I'm not great either. So I'll do 100 or I won't. I'm coughing like ive got a chest infection so I
     need to be careful
    Ale joining in with careful
    Dustin enjoy the easy
    Hazel I definitely won't do a marathon on Sunday 😂
    What bit of walking and just over a mile running
    Why not 100% 
    Last hard today
    Last rest 28 12 22 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hope you feel better, wabo.

I don't even know what language that is, Ale :D 

Sorry you got wet, Dustin. Those reps are tasty though!

Hazel: sorry to read about your grumpy knee. Hope it settles.

No idea re. lyrics today, OH.

Managed to slog out 10k but I had absolutely zero energy. It felt horrid. I then went to the gym and did half an hour of weights which felt fine. So beats me why my legs wouldn't cooperate. Anyway, chalked it off as a seriously rubbish run and hope for a better one tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Wabo take care don't take chances.

What 2.6 miles run walk
    Why zombified after 2 night shifts 
    Last hard today
    Lyrics  no idea 

Chicksta non related But do you read books? 

• Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Evening all

Lyrics - I think so, especially after your second post OH.

Didn't run Monday or Tuesday - combination of being too tired and running out of time.

Got out today for the big one though. 21 miles with 4x 3 miles at marathon pace. I keep revising my MP down, now I'm aiming for 3:30 so MP today was just under 8 mins/mile. Got soaked and caught in a hail storm in the first few miles and had to go through 3 flooded sections of road which didn't help things. Tough for the last MP section and my hamstring started niggling again, despite sports massage yesterday, but I needed the long run done so I just gritted the teeth and kept going. Glad it's over though. It's taken me to 253k for the month, though only a few days left so I'm not sure I'll make 300.

Hope it's just something minor with the knees Hazel and it's gone tomorrow

Let me know where you're going to be at the London marathon Dustin - I'll try and give you a wave

Pammie - I know the feeling, those nights at the weekend left me feeling rotten

Chick - maybe just one of those days

Wabo - get well soon. We're getting pretty busy with everyone coughing so much these days, not helped by the fact there's a bit of a whooping cough surge in the middle of a range of viruses.

Ale - hope the injections help. Let us know if they do - I considered started doing then a while ago but never got round to it

In work until 9pm this evening, looking forward to food then bed