Options

Thursday 28th March Whaur hae ye been sae braw, lad? Whaur hae ye been sae brankie-o?

Whaur hae ye been sae braw, lad?
Whaur hae ye been sae brankie-o?

Yesterday 's were Hungry Heart, Bruce Springsteen mentioning Baltimore

Nice morning for a change here - walk shortly 

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 28
    Morning!

Lyrics: lurking somewhere at the back of my mind! Obviously Scottish as opposed to the pure Yorkshire of the other day!

Enjoy the walk, OH! Weather fine here as well,  but not forecast to last.

What: physio, supermarket 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Hmm it seems we are in Scotland for the lyrics today?

Have a nice walk OH - it is raining here and tried to snow earlier.

Rain on Tuesdays?  I would add windy on Thursdays to that?  (or whenever I think about doing something a bit quicker)

Oh be careful with 100m Wabo - you don't want to get sicker just because of that.

Hope you have more energy for a run today Chicksta.  Well done for going to the gym nonetheless.

Hope the night shifts are done then pammie and you have got some rest in in the meantime.

Great long run chamolk and not in good conditions either.  Good mileage for the month too.

Good luck at the physio today Ale.

Grumpy knee is better - just needed to be careful yesterday doing some of the strength exercices that I do them correctly

What: probably Saturday's MLR run today
    Why: forecast is for windy this afternoon and I don't fancy doing the planned bit of speedwork in it
    Last rest: 27.03.24
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Lyrics, probably should but don't!
    Colder and windier today but got 10.4 miles under my belt, back to being super slow though but met 2 running friends at the end so joined them for a wee bit (hence the .4).
    Hazel, take care of the knee. Mine didn't like Tues yoga much!
    Ale - how do they locate the spot to inject  - ultrasound guided?
    Chamolk, good running, not long until the race now.
    Well have entered Balmoral 15 trail race, then looked at the details in more depth, seems one of these big corporate affairs so may not be up my street but hey we get to see our friends. (and it's all off if Peter gets an admission date).
    Wabo, echo the take care, I'm not too fussed about miles this month as had a week off post ultra and a v easy week last week as don't want another stress injury.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning

Ale all the best
    Hazel thanks nights done this week and only one next week.
    8½ hours kip so much better RHR 51 Back to normal

What 3.14 miles 
    Why getting  out
    Last hard yesterday 
    Lyrics no 

Now 3 day shifts 

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all

I will definitely  go with how the body feels - good advice from you all. Cancelled a 5 mile race I was doing  tomorrow
    Pammie glad to see rhr back to normal
    els race sounds fun if you can do it
    hazel hope the mlr goes well, good if you worked out why your knee was grumpy too
    alehouse hope physio goes well

what: depends how I am , either 4 miles with hills and hayley or less alone
    why: go by feel
    last hard: a mile yesterday 
    last rest: 28/12/22 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya - 
    Ale - hope fizzio goes well
    Els - decent miles , I'm sure the 15 will be fine...
    OH - hope the weather held for the walk
    Chamolk - sounds like a quality session yesterday
    Wabo - hope you get something chalked off (I know you will!)
    Pammie - consistent as always!
    Hazel- good luck with the MLR

What - Easy 5 and a bit first thing 
    Why - sun was out and wouldn't have time lunch / evening
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - was a bit of a slog today, even though was easy pace. Legs had nothing
    Managed to squeeze in dental check up and collect car from body repair shop around the day job. Off for fine dining dinner with Mrs D this evening. 
    Glad I ran at first light - sun was out and although roads were flooded, it didn't rain. Started about 7.30 again and I don't think it's stopped...
    Lyric - no idea

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning. Forgot to say I did circuits on Tuesday after my 9km so rest day yesterday.

Today woke up early so I managed 16 very hilly km. I am about 15 min faster over that distance than before Christmas so really happy with that. However after a very wet, cold national trust outing I'm not feeling great. Really tired and struggling to do anything. Out for dinner tonight, I do wonder if I'm just really really hungry.... I'll find out in an hour!

Wabo be careful if you think you've got a chest infection. 

Oh definitely Scotland for lyrics!

Els good mileage from you!
    Dustin enjoy the fine dining! I'm off to burgers, ribs etc so the other end of the food spectrum!

Off to my dad's tomorrow
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Enjoy the fine and less fine dining Dustin and Emzap!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited March 28
    Only did 1 mile streak saver. I'm totally binning off 100 miles a month for march. I just can't. 
    Thanks all for good advice
    Emzap hope you're ok. 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Wabo good decision they'll be other months