Options

Wednesday 17th April 2024 - Walked around, no one around

Morning

Walked around, no one around
You were the one who taught me better

Another city (might have had it but in a different song)

Bit of work, back later...

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 17
    Morning!

Lyrics: no 

Yesterday's were Marrakech Express, Crosby Stills and Nash

What: a few more stretches, a little more exercise bike

Did you find a group yesterday, Hazel

Looks like a dry, sunny day...but currently just 4 degrees. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Ok - bit of work done - plenty left to do yet today

Yep, 7 of us out yesterday which is a pretty decent number.  It is always easier to find others now the evenings are lighter and the weather theoretically better.  

Nice long run yesterday OH - well done.  Slowly doesn't matter.

Did you have a nice run with your OH Wabo?  I think it is over a year since mine went out with me!

Good news on the walk free run Pammie. 

We will be in Northampton for a couple of days Dustin then in the Peak District (staying near Sheffield)
    More good results from your club in Boston.  You know you want to do another one!

What: not sure yet - maybe a run and some work on the mat
    Why: won't be able to do much at the weekend but shouldn't overdo it either
    Last rest: 12.04.2024
    Last easy: getting talked into doing a leg of the 100k relay in June.  I originally wanted to attempt the whole thing solo but dropped that idea after I had to take a training break in January

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - ohh relay sounds fun! Sorry I recall now you asking about the peak district
    Ale - that's chilly ...

What - short jog to/from the Marathon Expo (or 'running show' as they call it)
    Why - collect a club pal's number
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - yesterday. Nothing too spectacular but very tired and heavy legged at the moment.
    30 years to the day since my first marathon (London '94) 3.58.47 official time. Can't recall how long to get over the start line - no chips in those days!
    lyric - don't think so

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    hazel, yes but we only did 2 miles. That is fun you will be over in the peak district!
    Dustin wow sub four on your first attempt and I never did manage to do that!!
    lyrics no
    alehouse are you doing much on thebike?

What: 5k off road later with oh
    why: he wants to
    last hard last night
    last rest 28/12/22

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Evening. 

Decided to rest things a little longer, had a massage yesterday (though more gently than normal given how close the marathon is) then tried a run this afternoon. 

Did a whole 2 miles. The good news is that I'm able to run, the bad news is the hamstring still hurts a bit - it gets worse the faster I run. I think Sunday will just have to be an attempt to get to the finish now instead of aiming for any particular time unfortunately 

How was the expo today Dustin? I need to brave it on Saturday afternoon. 

4 degrees does seem a bit cold Ale, it's fairly mild here but heavy showers this week

How long is each leg of the relay Hazel? 

Enjoy the run with OH Wabo

Lyrics no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Hope that you don't cause any more damage on Sunday, Chamolk; I think that I would be alternating icing and warmth to try to stimulate a little healing. No harm in trying! 

And talking of ice, we are forecast a frost overnight. Have had several hail showers today.

So you are quicker nowadays compared with 30 years ago, Dustin! I wish that I could say the same! 

Hope that you got out for your off road run, Wabo. Re the bike, only about 2 x 5 minutes. Actually it seems to be causing a problem with my "good" leg; to be discussed with physio tomorrow morning, followed by the second PRP injection in the afternoon. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Got van back today:
    6m after breakdown rescue,
    on last day of "time is of the essence" legal ultimatum,
    with massive bill more than van is worth.

Just walk, Aqua-walk and badminton today.
    Lovely day but couldn't drum up any swimming pals in the afternoon. Went from 4 to 10⁰C today.

Hoe you're not too downhearted after all the training Chamolk

Lyrics no