Options

Back from injury but desperate

HI all
Back from a nasty foot injury sustained last August started training at the start of the new year after doing some base training I tried for a time on a course which I had never broken the hour and did 59.42 I then started to do the 8 week intermediate schedule on this website with some slight alterations as I found doing 5 days quite difficult to fit in some weeks, training went well I knew I was faster & stronger than I had been for a long time and my timed runs were inside what I was aiming for under the hour for 10k I went to Fordingbridge on Sunday & got a PB but 1.05 dead my mile times were as follows 1. 10.15 2. 19.20 3. 30.15 4. 40.44 5. 51.55 I cant work out why I can do it training but not when it counts. Iwas pleased with my PB just dissappointed with my time any advice please I am desperate to break this barrier.

Comments

• Options
    JJ
    Sorry have not been able to thank you for the information sooner than this my wifes mother died very suddenly.
    I think your right as I did feel a bit jaded going in to the last week and probably did not recover from it I will certainly take things easier thanks again for your help
    JEFFERS