Options

This seems familiar .

HaggyHaggy ✭✭✭
My last half marathon was in 1986 in 1.38 . Did Tewkesbury yesterday in 1.36. 18 years older and 2 stone heavier . On a high any suggestions for intresting half marathons rather than town centre type runs .Roll on 2022 and a 1.34 i might live long enough to get under 1.30 .

Comments

• Options
    Hi Mark!

First off, well done on the new PB - such a great inspiration, no wonder you want to keep going.

You might want to consider the Lake Vyrnwy half marathon, as an out of town race. It's in September, and is set in beautiful mid Wales countryside, around a reservoir. I'm planning on making this my first half, as I only started running last year. It's in the listings on events, and there was a thread over in the events forum, at some point.

• Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    I'm planning on doing this one this year too. Another nice one is the Windsor half, run entirely within Windsor Great Park. I did this last year and while it's a reasonably undulating course, the event was impeccably organised and well-marshalled, and had the bonus of a high percentage of forumites and a marquee organised by Snoop Dogg! Would definitely recommend it.