Options

"Its like doing an 8 hour aerobic session

I wonder if anyone can help??

I work on the production line,doing a very physically demanding job,buliding[with a little help]400+ cars in a 8 hour shift.As part of my training,I run home after work,doing 4,6 or 8 miles.I,m increasingly getting tired and finding,because of the job,its taking longer for me to recover after a run.
My brother,who goes weight training has recommended creatine and other supplements to help me.
I do use lucazade sport and energy bars to help but maybe now because of the 8 hour aerobic session,I might need something to add.
Has anyone got any advice?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Mick,
    which part of the plant do you work in? body shop, trim and chassis or engine shop.
    I used to work there as a contractor doing installation / modifications in the body shop then looking after a team of sparks doing testing throughout the whole plant.
    I used to see the lads in T&C and they dont stop moving so I know what you mean by an 8 hour aerobic session.
    my only suggestion at the moment would be to give yourself a bit of time to rest and let the body recover, dont run home every night try it on alternate nights for a while.

dont know enough about supplements to offer any advice on them but there will be someone else on the forum that can help
  • Options
    Alreet mate,I bet you,re glad you dont have to work there on a permanant basis! I work in the paint shop,within the sealing booth.I call it "black hole of calcutta".
    I dont run home every night,I cycle into work and home again a couple of days.As you know the pace of the work,it is difficult to get enough rest.

Cheers anyway matey.
  • Options
    Mick,
    I remember when we were testing the lighting circuits in the paint shop, following the tracks through the ovens and cooldown areas was like getting in a maze, so easy to lose your sense of direction, all the lads were glad to get out of there and move across to the comparative wide open spaces of trim and chassis,
  • Options
    Northern snail,
    Thats right,well I work in the area,when the cars first come out of the ovens after being thru the ED tanks,before going to get painted.So imagine the heat working on the car espesially at this time of year!!!It drains you of energy[sweating,fatigued,physicaly knackered]then at the end of shift,a nice run home!!!! Thats why I think I need to top up my body on fuels.