Options

Monday 17th May

Morning,

What: a liitle run or there will be tears.

Why: I can feel nothing at all wrong with my foot now :-)

Last hard: a long time!
Last rest: Sat, I did cycle yesterday sort of!

enjoy the sunshine!

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Hope you manage a run BT

What: 2 easy runs

Why: recovery / left hip has a sharp pain

Last hard: yesterday

Last rest: Saturday
  • Options
    Morning:

On holiday this week and want to put in some good training!

What: 5 (easy) mile run and a 1500m swim
    followed by physio at 8:30am

Why: Always have a physio booked after a hard race and tri training.

Last Hard: Yesterdays 1/2

Last Rest: Saturday

Enjoy
  • Options
    Morning,

Welcome Plum, well done on your Moonwalk!

Good luck for the race Blisters.

BR, sharp pain in left hip and two easy runs? Rest instead, perhaps?

Tim, hope you manage a run.

What: 40min easy, done.
    Why: recovery run after yesterday's slog.

Last rest: Thursday

Lovely and cool at 6am, looks like it's going to be hot later.
  • Options
    Morning all,

Some great racing yesterday.

What: 11 miles run to work (done), bike ride home PM
    Why: easy milage building (managed to knock 1 min off the time this morning
    Last hard: Yesterdays short, sharp speed session on a grass track
    Last rest: Saturday

Goodness, two Canadian geese just waddled past my office window, and I work in the middle of a petrochemicals complex :0

A great morning for running and getting out, enjoy.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

BT hope you manage a run this morning

Blister good luck for your 10K tonight

Plum welcome to our happy little place;-)

Just back from a 5.5 mile run was to be a recovery run after yesterdays long one but this GPS system makes me work so hard;-)

I managed 2@ 7.58 mm very happy and did manage a pace of 6.24 but it did not last long:-) so looks like I am back to pre marathon form about time!!! and I was faster than Wednesday when I did this route!!

The air quality is great but looks like it is going to be HOT<HOT<HOT today!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone,

What: 8m with 2m @ tempo pace
    Why: tapering
    Last hard: 4 days
    Last rest: 2 days

Enjoy the sunshine :o)
  • Options
    Morning all. I had a fantastic time at the Mannheim marathon relay and did my first ever 10k in 1:05 - thrilled to have run that and managed a sprint finish.

What: gentle 3 miles
    Why: duckling check along the canal
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: yesterday (flying home)
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Good luck Blisters!

Take it easy BR!

Good luck on the little run BT!

WP-enjoy your toy, but don't worry about pace too often or you may find all your runs are hard as you try to beat previous time. Glad you are back running!

what:physio after work and if she says I can a little run around on grass or treadmill followed by 15 miles cycle. That's the good thing with light nights I can get out on the bike later.

why:injured, although it's a bit of a frustrating injury as sometimes I can't feel a thing and then I get a sharp reminder like yesterday.

last hard:actually yesterday's bike and swim were hard and I was quite fatigued last night.

last rest:too many non run days, but not many non exercise days.

Enjoy the day!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Speedie-well done on yesterday's race and report was interesting!

M-you live to fight another day-take care!
  • Options
    When are you guys going to stop turning your back on Mother Nature and rest an injury?

Glad you enjoyed your first 10K Meerkat.

What: Morning run cancelled, skill knacked from yesterday; evenng workout with maybe a little run at teh end.
    Why: Because I said so!
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Friday
  • Options
    Morning all

Speedie: well done on yesterdays performance!. That's an impressive run in the heat.

M: Not a good day for a HM! Good decision to stop if you weren't feeling too great.

What: East 5 miles this evening
    Why: legs tired after a hard weekend
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: 14 days

Enjoy the sunshine :o)

• Options
    Morning All

Some impressive racing yesterday, I can only dream of a sub 40min 10K. Ah well getting older has compensations.

What: 7 miles club night
    Why: Its Monday
    Last hard: Friday
    Last Rest: about 10 days

Tapering down to Comrades, its come around so fast!

Happy running
  • Options
    Morning all.....

What: First run in months... 3 miles V V easy
    Why: Tendonitis.. grrrr... :(
    Last hard: Kingston 16 miles/1:40 mins
    Last rest: never rest. Been cycling, swimming etc...

Damn I hope I can get back into it now. Felt so goooood.
  • Options
    Morning,
    Have hurt my foot on yesterdays steady 2 hours run. Last hour got a pain in my foot which increased until I got back. Now have a large bruise on the top of my foot. Don't know what it is, hoping its just tendonitis or ligament strain and I haven't damaged any bones.

What: Rest
    Why: See above
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last Rest: Yesterday
  • Options
    'just' tendonitis ?
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: nothing
    Why: don't normally do anything on Monday, but today I'm completely lacking energy anyway. Don't quite know what is going on.
    Last hard: yesterday ended up being hard, but for all the wrong reasons.
    Last rest: Friday

Went out for 9.5 miles yesterday, but ground to a halt at the 8 mile mark with painful stomach cramps. Felt like I'd swallowed a tenpin bowling ball and it was rolling around every time I moved! And this morning I feel completely lacking in energy. Still, hopefully will pick up during the day and be back out again tomorrow.
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Meerkat - Bravo!! That's about my best time too for 10K.

Tim, hope foot behaves and you get your run in.

BR. Rest well. OK, so you rest whilst running. To each their own.

Brewster, Hope it comes back ok.

Hilly, sorry to hear of your continuing frustrations. Take care.

Hi Plum!

What: 4 miles, actually quite pleased. Thought it was going to be awful - last night was bad, woke up with neuralgia like pains throughout both legs, usually a very bad omen.

sure enough, this morning, right leg (usually the better one) felt awful, and the first mile felt like it was going to be a turn round and limp home swearing morning.

But it wasn't! The leg was never exactly comfortable, but it worked. Moreover, it worked even at my longer loping stride, not just the short disaster-limitation version. Even better nearly home, I found myself thinking about other things, then paid attention to my running again to discover I was cracking along at a lick normally reserved for 5K races!

Walked over the last roundabout, then really stretched out the last 200m, thinking of you all and what fun it is to be part of running.
  • Options
    Morning all, congrat's to weekend racers on some excellent results.

What: A good morning's training with BMF in Greenwich Park on Saturday - several short sharp hill reps with press ups/sit ups during the recovery periods. Unfortunately I suffered a reccurenceof a calf strain and had to pull out of yesterday's Sevenoaks Seven so two hours spent on the bike yesterday.
    Last hard: Saturday.
    Last rest: Friday.

Tears and fears for me - tears over yet another annoying niggling injury and fears that I may not be fit enough to race until another month or so.
  • Options
    Morning!

Great race Meerkat!

what: recovery run. Physio later in the afternoon.

Have a great day!
  • Options
    Morning all,

Haven't yet read any of the weekends threads, so will return later to offer appropriate congratulations. In the meantime, the story of my Richmond Half - in a word - BAD.

Think I realised early on that I wasn't going to get as good a time as I was hoping for, but ran consistently for the first six miles at a pace that would have got me a marginal PB. Then from 6 to 8 miles there appeared to be a very long and very gentle rise, kept cruising along that without too much difficulty, although was starting to feel the heat. Then turned the corner to find myself at one of the bridges over the river. This really confused me, given that I thought I'd been on a slight uphill for two miles, but was now only 10 metres above the river!

After this was a long stretch along the riverbank in the direct sunlight. At this point I mentally pretty much gave up - was feeling far too hot, my brain kept on telling me to stop and have a lie down on the grass, and I was really slowing. Dug deep and pressed on, but was really struggling, and the 11th mile was ridiculously slow (about 45 seconds or so below pace). Thankfully just after the mile marker was a water station (at last!), a few gulps of water invigorated me and I managed to bang out two not-too-bad final miles (not too bad being a relative term by this stage!). Actually managed to pass someone in the last 100 metres, which was a big boost given how many people had overtaken me in the previous 5 miles!

Finished in 1:25:55, 31st place (amazingly in the top 7%, which is one good thing to take away from the race) - 90 seconds off my PB and about three or four minutes off what I'd hoped for.

So, I think the heat was the major killer there, but also since my last half having a month off then 5 weeks of training proved that I wasn't quite back up to the level of endurance I had in February. Oh, and my hip problem that I was moaning about all last week grumbled at me all the way through the race, and I'm very stiff this morning. Actually had to take the lift instead of the stairs this morning to my office - no way I can walk up that many stairs at the moment!

One good effect of the hot weather was that it did at least make the afternoon sat in the pub with SusieBee, M and Speedie a lot more pleasant! I think I had definitely sufficiently re-hydrated after a few hours of that :-)
  • Options
    Sam PantherSam Panther ✭✭✭
    Morning

Tim: hope the run goes well.
    BR: Good luck with the runs
    Meerkat: well done on the race
    Hilly: light at the end of the tunnel. You will be feeling OK in no time at all.
    Stickless: good running

As for me:

what: rest day
    why: cos its Monday

actually may get to a yoga session later on today if I get all my chores done.

Last rest: last Monday
  • Options
    CurtainsCurtains ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Meerkat: well done on the race

what: 7 mile club night (please be cool by 7.30 )

why: cos its Monday

Last hard: should have been friday but yesterdays long run felt hard.

Last rest: 8 days ago.

I am trying parkers method of HR training and found yesterdays longh run ( wk 1 only 8 miles at 75% " 150 " ) quite hard and ended up doing 7.35 m/m. Normally my 70% runs are 140 @ 8.20 m/m.
    The only thing I can think of is I am now nearly fully recovered from th FLM, it will be interesting to see how things go over the next couple of weeks.

have a good day all
  • Options
    Good morning and Happy Monday!

Weather far too nice to be stuck in office ... feel a riverside walk coming on at lunchtime.

What : 5 miles < 70% later
    Why : BT

Last hard : 26/04
    Last rest : 13/05

• Options
    morning all
    well done to all racers yesterday on a very hot day
    get well all those who are not
    what?10m rec run in 1.15
    last hard? yesterdays eyam 1/2
    last rest? sat
  • Options
    sven27sven27 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

what: recovery run, 6 and a bit miles done in 40mins.

last hard: Sat.

last rest: Fri.

• Options
    Coco-CatCoco-Cat ✭✭✭
    Hi all, it's been a while but I'm beginning to have better days now so will post when I can:

What: 30-40 mins easy in the forest

Why: got to run after work cos of the heat and the forest is soooooo gorgeous

Last hard: ahem...nearly a fortnight ago

Last rest: yesterday

Hope you are all well and had successful weekends.
  • Options
    Venom, it sounds like you are another one who runs badly in heat like me. A frustrating summer ahead I think:(

Barbara, I thought gentle running was the way to get rid of a slight injury?
  • Options
    Afternoon all

What: 3 miles easy.
    Why: Recovery day. And no time as taking some Siberians on a camping trip tonight
    Last hard: Yesterday (50 mile bike, with extra efforts on hills, 6 mile brisk run).
    Last rest: tum te tum

Have a good day all, enjoy your hot weather (grr) , could you send us some please?
  • Options
    Hello, all. Well done to everybody who raced in the weekend heat.

Managed my first 7-miler yesterday. Schedule allowed 90 mins, I did it in a shade over 83. Felt really hard but didn't walk at all.

Rest day today, 5 miles tomorrow night.

• Options
    Ooops, that should be 50 *Km* bike.