Options

Sore Legs after 10k and marathon on saturday

Hi. I raced a 10k yesterday, bad day and felt rough from about 3k...it was very hot and I don't do too well in the heat...anyway, about 5 minutes after finishing I got cramp in both quads which is very unusual (maybe had it a couple of times after a marathon)...had a cold bath when I got home which helped a bit...think I may have got a bit of sunstroke as well...today my legs still feel damaged and I'm due to run a marathon on Saturday - help!!

I'm wondering what best course of action to take this week to enable my legs to be fully recovered? Should I have complete rest today? Or walk and stretch? Or run a couple of easy miles and then do alot of stretching...also then what to do between now and Saturday??

Any advice would be very much appreciated...thanks, Amanda

Comments

• Options
    Amanda, in your situation I would consider a sports massage; I tried that recently when I had track races [5K and 3K steeplechase] on the Saturday and a 10K on the Monday; my legs felt fine on the Monday despite being v stiff Sunday morning.
    Might consider pottering around gently in a swimming pool, too.
    I expect others on the forum can give you more technical advice; that's what I'd try myself.