Options

2 1/2 marathons 5 weeks apart

Im training for 2 1/2 marathons that are roughly 5 weeks apart, what do I do to modify the other training schdule after the first 1/2 marathon, any suggestions,

Thanks
Angie

Comments

• Options
    Obviously I don't know what your usual training is for a half, but if I were doing that I'd give myself a couple of gentler training weeks - the week after the first race, and the week before the second one - and inbetween just stick to my usual training.

Which halfs are you doing? Good luck with them.
  • Options
    Hey Angie...

Well that sounds right. You've built up the stamina right? So you know you can go the distance. You still need to taper before he first half... 3 days at least before. Rest after the first for at least a week, 10 days. gentle runs, no times or distances needed. 5 weeks gives you enough time then to have 2 hard weeks in the middle and taper again ready for the second.

And dont forget to enjoy it!
  • Options
    Thanks brewster + Vanilla Treefrog, I didn't really want to do it but my hubby wants to do his first 1/2 marathon so i thought, why not.

Thanks for the suggestions, oh and Im doing the Newark and the GNR (2nd time) so hopefully I should be well on the way to a personal best

Thanks

Angie