Options

how much should I be eating...

Need help, trying to lose a stone, been running since August 4-5 times a week clocking 15-20 miles a week. Not losing weight. I think I am eating too much (to compensate for the running!)

Really weekdays are good, I am strict, the weekend comes and I eat for England. Especially if I have done a long run in the morning...I have a excuse to eat loads!!

I run Mon, Tue, Thur and Sun.

I typically eat.

Breakfast - Allbran 40g and s/s milk
Snack - piece of fruit
Lunch - turkey/ham sandwich, no butter with tom sauce! Low fat yogurt and two pieces of fruit
Snack - banana before run
Dinner - half pizza and beans or toast and beans or a casserole, whatever's going really. Weekend involves a chinese on a Saturday night and a few drinks.

I am counting calories at the mo and it's driving me round the bend!!

Need help please.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I'd cut out the chinese if you really want to loose weight!
  • Options
    Chinese is a recipie for disaster for the waistline!!
    You'll get the most benificial fat-burning effects of running if you run at a steady pace for c. 40 mins (or more) as opposed to at a faster pace for 20 mins.

A really good way of losing weight whilst exercising is to ban yourself from eating carbohydrate after 4pm - that includes biscuits, chocolate, crisps, bread, pasta, rice, sugary fruit like grapes.......... sounds rubbish but it just means that you have a dinner of meat and veg and salad whic is perfectly nice. It stops you pie-ing up on energy rich food just before you go to bed, and turning it to fat in your sleep.

Keeping a food diary helps too - it's a drag coz you have to remember to do it but it makes you realise how much you eat every day!! And every time you write in something that you shouldn't have eaten it makes you feel guilty so you don't do it again!
    Hope these help a bit, and good luck
  • Options
    Happy runner, you dont say how much you weigh and how tall you are. Maybe you dont really need to lose weight afer all and that the reason you are not losing weight is because you're at your ideal weight.

If not then I would carry on training and really trying to eat healthier. I noticed on your typical daily meal that there isnt much veggies. Maybe you need to stock up on veggies on your plate with protein (ie. chicken/quorn etc) your evening meal.

How about adding other kinds of fitness classes into your running week. I incorporate 2 spinning classes and also a weight training session as well as my runs.

good luck