Options

Ditton Turkey Run (6.5m)

2»

Comments

• Options
    ahh there you are !
    ok, so you're winning the 'mind games'.

but training going ok, apart from a little illness / injury scare at the beginning of the week. My 3000m times are plummeting (he says hoping to instill in himself some sort of pre race optimism), although i know that this race is about 11k !

might see you on sunday.
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow peeps.

Nothing for me until Dartford, so I'm going to put my lazy feet up and enjoy the festivities.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    well done gareth, i couldnt see you after i went for my chat but have a good xmas and i will see you at canterbury.
    thanks for getting the coffee- a gent.
    booooo on snoops.
  • Options
    hello all, i really enjoyed yesterday, definately the best event i've run this year. Also impressed that results and report already on Maidstone harriers website.

Kim, it was good to meet up with afterwards (sorry, didn't see you leave as i was looking at the results).
    Thanks for making me inadvertantly chase Shireen Bailey for best part of 6.5 miles thinking it was you !!

I suppose honours fairly even, as although i did beat you to the finish, i think your 2nd place and Category winner beats that !

So have you started on any devious plans for Canterbury ? By the way, i just remembered one of the marshalls appeared to be directing me the wrong way at one stage (did you have words / pay him ?)

Have a good christmas.

Snoop - what can i say ! apart from you big wuss. !! After all the stick you've given me about this event, you'd rather find some nice cosy pub to spend sunday lunchtime ! i'm disppointed. but i suppose thanks are in order for originally telling me about this race (i think it was you).

Johnny J - well done that's an excellent time, sorry we didn't get to meet up. i should of asked you what race number you had.

• Options
    I've just found out why Snoop didn't show, .... as i've been reading the Windsor report thread.

He had the choice of either driving an attractive young woman in his sports car around the leavy parts of Buckinghamshire - or ploughing through 6 miles of ankle deep mud and water in Barming Woods. !!

mmmm....... perhaps he's the real winner this weekend !
  • Options
    Sorry about yesterday mate.

I wasn't in a racing mood yesterday, still in recovery mode from Friday (had about three pints more after you left).

A gentle jog around Windsor seemed a more amenable alterntative at 9 a.m. yesterday.

p.s. did you win? (you know what I mean!)
  • Options
    morning SD.

apology accepted. I now know why you recommended this one, it was an excellent event.

Kim tried every trick in the book ! from telling me a different race number to the one she was wearing, clocking me at the start and trying to follow me, meanwhile i was blissfully unaware as i struggled desparately to keep up with the woman in front of me thinking it was her, (who i only found out after the race was Shireen Bailey, former GB Olympic 1500m runner !)

i think that backfired as i don't think i would of set off so quickly if i knew it wasn't her !

I was even standing in the cold waiting for her to come in at the end (looking for the wrong number it turns out ), when she stolled up behind me offering me a drink !

I was pleased with time, 42.06 and position 17th. Kim ran well and finished 35th overall, and 2nd female runner.

Definately be doing this again next year.

• Options
    Well done Gareth and all.

We had a beer for you in the pub at Windsor, we thought about you for a second :)
  • Options
    cheers Caz.

'a second' as long as that ?