Options

Fit and Cuddly thread sun 3/11

Hi all

Sorry for starting a new thread but yesterdays was getting a bit cuddly.

Bit of a funny day today. Weight shot up again and no long run as I had to get my eyes checked out prior to LASIK treatment. I walked to Wimbledon the from Waterloo to upper wimpole street for execise.

Brighton will be my last long run until after Christmas:-(

The optition guy says that I won't be able to run for 4 weeks after the operation. I think I'll go stir crazy.

Hope all are well and quietness on the forum means you are all out enjoying yourselves.

JJ

P.S. I know it is self inflicted but it doesn't make it easier :-)

Comments

• Options
    Done all my healthy stuff for the day...
    bin for walkies
    bin exercisin'
    bin diggin garden
    now sat in front of tv filling bin with lager cans
    hooray for sunday.
  • Options
    BTW josie
    did your optician mean no running for 4 weeks or no exercise for 4 weeks?
    I can't see any problem with low-impact training.
  • Options
    I asked the guy what I could do and he suggested Yoga, but I think that cycling on in door cycles should be ok if I keep any sweat out of my eyes and don't go mad. Weight training is out tho.
  • Options
    hello

still not been out - feeling v tired and drinking t and have eaten toasted spicy muffins - so much for healthy day post last nights indulgence!
    - and surfing the net for jobs - NHS is now a pain with primary and community trusts - cant find them anywhere grr!

think today might become a total rest day -as im v tired - might walk to paper shop in a bit, did rake up some leaves, then it p**'d down so back to the pc !

have a good sunday

• Options
    Hi all, hangover OK this morning as drank loads of water before bed. Ran about 8 miles this morning and waved to all the Veteran cars on the London to Brighton run. Just got back before the rains came. Phew!

Hey EP, if you've run 8k you'll be fine for Brighton. I'd only ever run 8k before I ran my first 10k and I had no problems. Don't forget that your base fitness level is good so you'll have the stamina to get round. As for the 1/2M you've got loads of time so stop worrying.
  • Options
    Hi fitties

been a lazybug today - didnt go out for a walk at all - let alone run! drove to the paper shop! and spent all day reading and surfing -ooops

food wise too much treacle toffee (thorntons) and just had rather too many pieces of ginger flapjack -so back on the rails tomorrow

decided today was a day of rest!

EP well done on going out - but take it easy on those shins!