Options

All too typical cycling incident.

Comments

• Options
    that will just make chavs harder to spot dodge, it won't solve the underlying problem...
  • Options
    Jj most crap drivers are simply ignorant - give em a bit of time in the saddle it will give them some sense

try cycling in belgium or hollandf or denmark - completely different to here
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    True.

And I was aggressive for The Cause today.

I twanged a flag.

<<<<beam>>>>
  • Options
    is that euphamistic for something??
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it *could* be...
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    I think the flags may be gone tomorrow. I only started cycling in January this year and the nearest I've come to a collision is with another cyclist who started off (having stopped temporarily to talk to a female companion) apparently without having taken in the fact that I had been approaching and didn't look at all. We were on a fairly busy road and I wouldn't have appreciated being pushed over into the path of passing traffic. At least I now know what noise I make when expressing rage.
  • Options
    dodge: i drive defensively so you're safe round me ;)
    road positioning for maximum visbility
    safe speed: always be able to stop in the distance you can see to be clear
    etc etc
  • Options
    a good offence is the best defence

i ram everybody in sight

just like those tw*ts who walk round london with the 'wheely-handled' briefcase things, blissfully ignorant of the fact that they are taking small childrens' legs out and leaving a trail of destruction in their wake. w*nkers
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    Nip in and smile.

That's the best way of getting anywhere.
  • Options
    I've only been riding for a couple of months. I only ride on the road briefly but I have to say, that nearly every time I have been out on my bike some motorist has done something stupid...........
    Tried to pull out in front of us, come so far over to the left I've ended up on the pavement.............grrrr.

I'm trying to get brave and it doesn't help when you think everyone is trying to kill you.............

Me paranoid NO!!!!
  • Options
    'wheely-handled' briefcase things are suprisingly easy to kick under black cabs wheels.

.......their owners take a little more effort.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    please describe these strange accoutrements to a country hick...
  • Options
    bit early to be drinking jj...

then again it is almost 12
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    ZACKly.
    I've been up since four, so it's really eight o'clock and the sun is well over the yardarm.

ice-cold pinot grigio, if you please, oh quiffed one.
  • Options
    sure you wouldnt prefer some of our home made? nice & dry it is :)
  • Options
    yep dodge, i kicked one over last week rather than have it pass just inches from my foot. maybe an over reaction, but it made me happy.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    but what IS one?

is the wheel on the handle?
    why?

or are you talking about tartan shopping trolleys?
  • Options
    its like a tartan shopping trolley, but the body is a briefcase

fat idiots with no spacial awareness in polyester suits with shiny bottoms like to drag them around, especially while walking diagonally in front of you.

the really annoying thing is if you are following one down the series of short flights of stairs at kings x they have to stop and retract the handle to go down the stairs, then stop and extend it again to walk 5 yards to the next flight. repeat x 3. not good for crowd flow dynamics. i have accidentally not been able to stop in time a few times, causing amusing sprawling incidents. reclaim the streets!
  • Options
    Oh yes, 'wheely-handled' briefcase things are also suprisingly easy to kick down escalators. The other annoying thing on London's busy streets (and possibly on busy streets everywhere) are those bl@@dy BIG umbrellas..........in fact umbrellas of any sort but particularly BIG umbrellas. Most often wielded by short @rses so the "blades" are directly in line with your face. Occassionly it has been required to strike, Karate chop styley, to avoid having your eyes poked out. It's only a bit of rain for goodness sake.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    Ooooo - umbrellas!! Now don't get me started!!

[starts to froth]

"amusing sprawling incidents" roflol
  • Options
    what about double-seaters who run up railway station platforms in a blind panic as soon as the gates open?

the same people are the ones who scurry to stand up about 20 minutes before the train gets to the station.

i wish they'd make their minds up.

the worse double-seaters are the ones who sit in the aisle seat and pile bags up in the window seat to discourage neighbours. it makes me happy to deliberately go for these seats, even when there are free double seats opposite. for added effect, ask them to move really loudly and really slowly as if you suspect that they have learning difficulties. the best ones ignore this (very rare, unfortunately) so you get to prod them. great fun
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    lol!

I sometimes believe we must have been separated at birth, candy.

I have found that the best way of keeping the seat next to me free is to make eye contact with people wandering up the aisle looking for somewhere to sit - and sometimes making double sure by patting the seat and saying: 'you can sit here if you like! I was feeling lonely anyway!'

Sometimes they leave wheelie-marks...
  • Options
    anyway, are you going to austria then or not?
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    ¦oD

[wipes tea-spray from monitor]
  • Options
    i need somebody to do quick handovers of pringles, pretzels and weak lucozade sport. i can't be doing with their crappy drinks and gels.
  • Options
    similarly, monique probably needs tea and cakes
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    I couldn't ask Monique to put up with my noisy, sleepless nights, though.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    or shall I curl up in your special needs bag?
  • Options
    dunno how big it is yet

hopefully its one of those enormous flm-style things, in which case you can if you like but you might want to make some air holes first