Options

Saturday 12 June

Mornin' all!

What: 14 miles steady
Why: Distance mileage has taken a tumble recently, and I have an old half marathon pb to beat in the autumn
Last hard: Friday
Last rest: 16 days ago

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Comments

• Options
    Funny old week last week

Sat - fell race including 1000 ft climb
    Sun - 5 miles easy
    Mon - hilly xc club run - felt kn*ckered !
    Tues - 5 miles easy - even more tired
    Wed - exhausted - rested
    Thurs - still v. tired - fed up - rested
    Fri - did miraculous 9 mile run at better than my halfmarathon pb pace, feeling totally refreshed and comfortable.

If I do nothing silly between now and next Sunday, this looks quite hopeful for Blackpool Half.
  • Options
    Morning all,

What: Long easy, 15 miles plus
    Why: Base and milage building

Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: Yesterday

....At least its stopped rainng, pertty windy though :(

Run well racers and train well runners.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good luck all racers this weekend

9 mile run going to and coming from an appointment I have, it involves doing something I have always wanted to do but can't!!!!

Train well out there today but be careful!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    A bit windy for you racers:(

What: am 4 x 3k @ 170-175 HR / pm 4 miles

Why: to improve speed endurance / to recover and flush out legs, annoy Treadmill and bring up 100 miles for the week:)

Last hard: Weds

Last rest: 28 days
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Good luck those doing long runs!

Lynne-you'll get that pb!

WP-is that a cryptic message there?

BR-windy? Not here in the sunny South!:O)

What:15 miles cycle

why:don't want to push my luck with my injury. I've done 3 days of running in a row, so decided today to rest from running as I'm going to do a long one tomorrow.
    Not sure how far yet, it'll be a see how I go job. Leg can cope quite well with a easy/steady pace so just need to be sensible and not get over enthusiastic!

last hard:Wednesday
    last rest:not sure when I had a full day off from doing no exercise, but from running it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    Just over 3 miles as a leg loosener, and base training

10k offroader tonight
  • Options
    What: recceing another leg of the Boundary course (race on 27th June) with 2 clubmates
    Why: a nice Saturday run

Last hard: not really hard (thursday) but nettles all over the place and a sleepless night
    Last rest: yesterday

I'm going in longs today, after learning my lesson following Thursday's run. Just a nice 6 ish miles run this afernoon. Yes, I got some calamine lotion, so I feel better now!

It's definitely windy up here!
  • Options
    Morning,

What: 40 min offroad ramble

Why: shake off the heaviness in arms and legs post BMF, job done. Now thoroughly nettled and glowing.

Good luck WP!!

Lynne, good luck for next week, you look set to improve your PB yet again.

Hippo is that a race this evening? Good luck if it is.

Hilly, glad the leg seems to be improving.

Best wishes to all those racing!
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    5 miles easy done.

Only hangover from my heatstroke incident on Tuesday is that ny legs feel like they did a 20 mile race, not 10K! Gradually improving though so plan a long'un tomorrow.

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    What - 25 miles cycle - did 12 with local chain gang until a slight mechanical (chain came off probably due to my early morning adjustments to the mech!) and I couldn't be bothered to chase them so went home. Noticed the wheel was a bit soft before I went out but thought I'd see to it later - instead I've snapped 2 spokes because it wasn't properly stressed and retensioned when built (or maybe because I couldn't be bothered to check it depending on your point of view) - still it's a good lesson I suppose.

Still now fresh enough to go for a run later - 5 or 6 steady with maybe one mile at 5k pace thrown in.

My deferred entry form for FLM came this morning - one day after the deadline for return - it is postmarked 25th May. Nothing is ever simple is it.
  • Options
    Morning all.

Popsider - do the FLM people use the same distributors as the RW mag?

Life has been getting in the way. Not that that's a bad thing. But I haven't run since Tuesday (gasp!).

TODAY I shall do that sprint intervals thing I've been threatening, and tomorrow I'll go for a (comparatively) long-ish easy-ish one. If I don't, please give me a collective chinese burn.

Best of luck to all the racers this weekend.

Have fun.
  • Options
    Went up to the track in Wakey and there's a meeting on!

So I jogged around the park as a warm up until I found 3 suitable foorball pitches side by side for my reps - each set took about 11:30, which would be the same time as a 3k @ 170 HR

It went...

1st 2 laps - 4:44 (154)
    2:16 (167)
    2:18 (169)
    2:16 (169)

3 mins rest

2:17 (153)
    2:18 (169)
    2:16 (170)
    2:19 (170)
    2:18 (170)

3 mins rest

2:21 (155)
    2:18 (168)
    2:19 (170)
    2:20 (170)
    2:18 (171)

3 mins rest

2:19 (156)
    2:17 (170)
    2:18 (173)
    2:19 (174)
    2:18 (173)

Pretty pleased with the evenish pacing on a field. The HR drifted at the end mainly due to dehydration, but the important thing is I did the work.

And my lucky kids are going to the park this pm (as Daddy takes the club coaches' measuring wheel to see how far it was:)
  • Options
    Hello, all. Good luck tonight, Hippo.

Mixture of success and failure yesterday. Intended 8-mile route turned out to be 9 when I measured it in car. Managed to get round the whole thing BUT had to take two lengthy walk breaks (about half a mile each). So, I guess it was technically an 8-mile run, which is my longest yet!! Am pleased in spite of the walking.

Rest today, 3-4 miles tomorrow.
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Hello All.

What: 27 mins off-road
    Why: See below.
    Last hard: TODAY!
    Last rest: 1 week ago.

Have been getting back into running for seven days nows - most of it on the tready. Today at Trent Park Pantman convinces me to run an easy 30mins while the kids' have their training session. At the end, I was panting and he was still full of energy ;-)

Worst of all I wore my adidas "block-a-boot" trainers which resemble Asic Kayanos - ie impossible to run mid-foot. Still, legs felt fine, ending HR was 120-ish (ie LT-40 ish). Lower back was sore but I feel pretty good right now. Man, I'm sooo unfit!!

BR: Excellent session!

• Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention mileage for the week was a massive 13.38 miles. Just enough for a one week HM or what some peeps run everyday ;-)

Next week's plan is: AM runs on the tready. PM/Eve runs outside.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Good luck tonight Hippo

Onwards and upwards nrg-b Well done.
  • Options
    Sorry everyone i have been horrendous recently and neither posted or lurked, can only claim revision as an excuse.

however, as it will all be over by wednesay, will now be doing both religiously. . . (oh, and actually doing the training as well!)

What: 1/2 mile open water swim; resistance weights session to be done pm
    Why: club / strength
    Last hard: Thurs
    Last rest: yesterday

• Options
    Good session BR!

those runs are getting longer, Jill - well done!

14 mile run done, furthest I've run since FLM. MrB dropped me off around 10 miles from home so that I could run a footpath along a river that I've never run before - it was lovely, but was mobbed by birds all the way - wish I could tell them that I wasn't interested in their nests! Then went up into the hills above town to make up the 14 miles. A lovely run, took it steady and just admired the views.

Currently sitting here dressed up to the nines, waiting for a lift as I am playing expat executive wife this afternoon and hobnobbing with the great and good from the British Embassy :-)

WP - the mind boggles - leg waxing???
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Lizzy-LOL just as painful well it was for me.....lets just say I have to go back in 2 weeks and once I can do it I may reveal all:-)

Just to tease I have a big graze cut on my elbow just as it had healed after FLM!!!!!

Thanks Barbara but a lot harder especially when only 2 people arrived to train 30 people!!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Ride a bike?

Well done BR, very good pacing!

Keep at it nrg-b, it'll soon come back!

Enjoy Lizzy!

Good luck tonight Hippo!

Swerve-best keep fit if there's a lady involved!:o)

Did my bike ride at a nice leisurely pace today, enjoying the countryside views. Off to watch Harry Potter tonight-a bit different to your evening Lizzy!

• Options
    Got the measuring wheel and the circuit was 622 metres, so I did 4 x 3110m:)

It's all gone quiet on here since FLM hasn't it?
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    BR
    I was thinking that myself but the die hard runners won't give up and we all have races to train for;-)

Sounds good to me...you need a GPS system so you can know what the distance is when you are running your routes;-)

Hilly-Lips are sealed will reveal all when I can do it!!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Hilly - Got to keep fit to stay ahead of her! :-)

Session done and enjoyed. 40 mins of intervals, more endurance than sprint though. Feeling very lucky today after Fat Face's dreadful news.
  • Options
    Am back
    officially last

awful cramps and trots

great off road course though-track, sand, mud, grass------
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Well done Hipps it does not matter if you are last you are out there doing your best!!!

especially with your er problems!!!!

Sounds a great course!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    it was a lovely run

well it would have been

i am still running to the loo-and it was bad this am
    maybe a bug
    hm
    Dreading the marathon next wek
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    I know I have had a bug this week!!

hope you feel better soon

Which marathon are you doing?
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Potteries

otherwise known as the stoke on trent city mara

ooooooh my guts
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Hippo - Good run esp with the you know what's. But you finished others would have given up and gone home but you are a survivor.
    Have a good evening now