Options

Getting rid of a Women's Belly..help needed.!

Hello runners,
Can anyone help me..Im running about 25miles a week and cycling 20 miles a day and still I have a fat stomach. I dont think I eat like a pig, I suppose I could do with cutting down on chocolate and going easier on the booze..Any tips anyone...? If I could get rid of one spare typre that would be great

Comments

• Options
    I lowered my carb intake, and my belly went down. Pilates and yoga are good for the core muscles too.
  • Options
    not everyone can get a flat belly. Maybe try cutting down on booze, when ever my other half stops for a few weeks, hers goes flat ( I dont drink so I have no excuse)
  • Options
    make an honest assessment of whether it is fat or poor muscle tone/bloating

if its fat then diet and exercise wil help

if its poor abdominal muscles then exercises willl help

if its bloating then look at your diet, water intake and whether it varies thru the month

if its all 3 then join the club!
  • Options
    get the book 'the easy GI diet' from WHS. dead eay to use, cuts down on sugery carbs but the best bit is chocolate is allowed!!! my kind of diet
    have lost 1 kg and not starving all the time and knocked 40 secs off my 10k time last week after only been back running for 5 weeks after injury.
    I never diet cos I like my food to much, but I am a healthy 55kg but this diet allows 3 meals plus snacks
  • Options
    Thanks runners for all that info. I drink loads of water, think I need to be a bit more honest about what Im putting in my gob!