Options

training for marathon

I have enterd the dublin city marathon in oct 04and it is on a Monday, does that mean that I should do my long run on a monday or can I stick with the traditional sunday? I am using the runningworld sub 4:30 progam with some amends to fit in with the rest of everyday life

Comments

• Options
    Mary,
    I would still do my long runs on Sundays, 24 hours won't make any difference by the time you get there. I would put an extra jog in during the last week, say on Saturday just for the sake of it but otherwise I wouldn't worry too much.
    BLD
  • Options
    thanks, they organise a breakfast run on the sunday that I might join in on, I thibnk its 3 miles followed by a full Irish!
  • Options
    Hi Mary

Greetings from Dublin. I have never run a marathon but I would think it is more important to do your running around the same time as the marathon is on at and not so important what day you do your long run on.

I am mostly a midday or evening runner so I know I would have to get used to long runs early in the morning, breakfasting earlier etc.

Best wishes to you and all running Dublin.

MK
  • Options
    I agree with Mike, That's one of the really important parts the training,your body needs to be used to running at a set time of day(think of a shift worker changing shift times)I nearly always run my long slow runs on a morning coz that's when most marathons are run.
    It's also a lot quieter at that time on a Sunday....bliss!!
    BLD