Options

13 week program needed for GNR

Hi,

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to recommend a 13 week program for a half-marathon. I am doing the GNR this year.
I have been running since September 2003 doing various 5k and 10ks. My PB over 10K is 55.00.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Look on the realrunner.com website they have some training programmes for half marathons.
  • Options
    Hi Canal Runner

Have a look here.
    This site gives you some options based on the time you expect/would like to run it in and also whether you run 4, 5 or 6 times a week.

They are 12 week plans so you have an extra week.

Hope this helps.

MK
  • Options
    Hi mate
    I did the 12 week programme off this site for the sub 1.30 and got in at 1.31 at Wilmslow. Be realistic about which programme you choose, looking at your times sub 2 hour is possible. Try and stick to the programme I know it's difficult sometimes for us mere mortals who have to combine work and family with our running.

Good luck

Paul
  • Options
    Hi Canal Runner

I'm looking at GNR also, feeling that a 51m 10K can get me to the sub 2 hour mark.

FWIW, the runnersworld 12 weeker prog thats sub 2 looks possible. Requires 6 days a week, which is hard with job/wee sprogs but I'm just getting up at 6am and getting on with it. I have started already so I have a week or so's room to fanny about at the taper stage.

Might be a good idea to fit a 10m in if you can beforehand, as it is a different atmosphere/needs a gameplan than a 10k.

Go for it.
  • Options
    Which site were u referring to Paul? It didn't come out in your note.

I have found choosing a good program to be quite difficult for the GNR. Some programs are just too easy (beginner) and some are too intensive (experienced). I guess what Iam looking for is an intermediate program. Also, one that gives distances and times. I find the ones that just give times pretty pointless as u never know how much distance u should cover in that time. In the same way just distances are equally pointless, in my opinion.
  • Options
    CR

Go to training top of this page click on that, go to the racing section and there are the various categories for different distances, paces etc.

Paul