AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

BB's kitchen

Comments

• Options
    morning all,
    Well done on the job C.
    Beebs you would look good in, or out, of a hoodie.
    PS image on the grant, image on the task list.
    Well done runners
    enjoy your day Pink
    i am walking in to work again today.
    happy thursdays
  • Options

Morning

coffee's on. The shortbread still needs finishing, so if anyone would care to save me from myself... image

Had a very strange tea last night, finishing up bits and bobs left over from christmas. cold pork, saute potatoes, bubble & squeek (with potato & swede & sprouts) beans & a vege burger just to fill the plate. I like all the items individually, but I'm not sure it necessarily worked all on the one plate! Just the pate & stilton left now, so I'm on pate & salad sandwiches this week for work.

Well done on the running and other assorted exercising going on. Jealous - still a crock. Had to ask H to help be out of my top last night, left shoulder isn't functioning properly. He then came to bed to find me smelling of deep heat, (mmm) and that's not at all romantic! image

Nice work on the grant, but ooops that a lot of task list! Sounds like we'll know exactly who to blame when the nets get a ladder in them. image

• Options

Morning image

HL - I've got quite enough biscuits of my own to get rid of thank you .............. and then there are the ones at work too!

• Options
    Morning all. To compound the misery of going to the office it's raining.

And our drain smells. Guess what I'll be doing at the weekend?

<grabs a coffee and sulks out of the kitchen>
  • Options

Telling Pink how to use a set of drain rods?image

Fab news on C's job, Madge's licence and the grant

Helen can you get that shoulder looked at?  I can recommend Tim the scrummy osteo, a long drive for you, but well worth it, trust me.  He's pretty good as an osteo too!

Pink have a lovely day today.  You never know, Little W might get the hint and decide to come out and play with friends

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭

Morning, it's raining here too Mr W!

I am working at home today so a later startimage

Happy Thursdays everyone image

• Options

I popped into Mr Sainsbury's high street emporium on the way to work today and purchased some nutcrakers. Much easier on the hands today i think. image

I am planning to go to my running club session on Saturday. First time in months. image

• Options

If you can crush walnuts with your bare hands remind me not to shake your hand the next time we meet image

• Options

Morning all

pisshing down here too 

Thanks for all the good wishes for C, its just a great start to 2011, there will be a full time post in August and I think once you have a job its easier to get a job. 

No Christmas treats here but we do have Swedish treats, including cheeseimage

Great news on the grant, PS, lol at you having 23 jobs on the list, hope your wrist is ok

Progress on the health front, I only coughed for 5 minutes on the way back fom the loo and haven't needed any drugs yet image

Have a lovely cuddly day, Pink

HL its funny with the hoodie, I didn't feel I looked like me and I know that if I go out in my long velvet coat I get treated differently by people. We all make assumptions on what we perceive people to be based on how they look.

I was an ok teen on the whole. 

Happy Thursday

• Options

Mr W, it's not about strength but technique. Remind me to show you next time we meet. image

• Options
    Cocoa Pop wrote (see)

Mr W, it's not about strength but technique. Remind me to show you next time we meet. image

imageimageimageimage
  • Options

<Adds walnuts to the list of things to bring to the next kitchen gathering>

I thought everyone owned at least one hoodie.  My favourite is a green and orange FF one. 

• Options
    I have a zip up black Elle one that I wear to the gym but have never in my adult life owned an over the head one. Its not in the least flattering to my womanly figure, I think I look like a sack of potatoes but it is warm and snuggly image
  • Options

I have an enormous, chavvy, brown velour zip-up hoody for enormous pregnant ladies. At least I thought it was enormous, now it seems to have acheived 'fitted'. It looks particularly chavvy with some brown tracky bottoms, but comfort comes first these days image

Having said that, I'm sporting my lovely (also enormous) black dress and boots today for my coffee and lunch dates image

Off out in the rain. I'm wondering how many of the NCT ladies will be bringing buggies and whether they'll all fit in Costa! 

• Options

Kirsti was wearing a very nice one on a Relocation, Relocation I watched yesterday.  It certainly flattered her womanly figure but it was fitted, rather than being a shapeless bloke's hoodie.

I have a collection of warm jumpers and thanks to the lovely Pink I got a new one for Christmas image

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭

Have a lovely time Pink!

I don;t think I have an over the head hoody...I have a fleece jacket with a hood...

• Options

HL can you lift your arm out and up above your shoulder to the side as if signalling to turn left. If not it sounds like you have a deltoid problem. image
    Mr W sounds like you have a leaf problem.image
    Beebs sounds like like you have ideas below your station, hoodies indeed image
    Remember to keep my nuts away from CP image
    Haven't read back but well done on other stuff image

• Options

Nicko image

Pink soft and comfortable is good. 

I shall investigate girl hoodies, Kirstie is a gorgeous woman, although I didn't it last night.

• Options

I think you're right, Nicko.  I didn't get the leaves cleared out of the cellar light well before winter set in so the drains are nicely clogged with rotting vegetation.  I'll get them cleared out at the weekend.

• Options

HL - welcome to my world! I have finally managed to do my own bra up this week but it has to be done slowly with very controlled movementsimage I had a front fastening bra for days when I was on my own......asking Smiffy to do my bra up usually means getting dressed can take a long time! imageimage

Pink - enjoy your morning....I think Costa is fairly used to yummy mummies image

Beebs - I have an over the head Billabong hoodie that has a low v-front, so shows cleavage too image

• Options
    UC, sounds good, I shall do some googling image
  • Options
    Beebs - this is what mine's like...
  • Options
    That is pretty UC, I've looked and couldn't find any that really grabbed me, had a trawl on Joules and Boden too, am off to search for more.
  • Options
    Beebs - Joe Browns is normally good - they've got this one available at the mo but it is a lightweight one....they should have their new season stock in soon. I've got one similar to this but in grey with beads on the neck and pocket.....I've got the off the shoulder sweat too but thats almost sold out now
  • Options
    Just had a lovely trawl round White Stuff but have decided to stop looking and just borrow J's hoodie for now. Looking at the clothes has made me realise that I don't really know what I want my style to be, some things looked too much like I'd be a middle aged woman trying to be a chick others looked like I'd be ready to sign up for Saga holidays.
  • Options
    X post will go and look, UC
  • Options

I can't make my mind up about that one, UC, I love the pattern colour but am less keen on the main colour, its also very outside my comfort zone and as I am  big  again at the moment a bit scary.

Me neurotic, how dare you image

• Options
    image They will have new stock in soon though....I wouldn't wear a white hoodie tbh as I couldn't relax in it. I put a white top on yesterday and spilt something down it within five mins image
  • Options
    I'd be the same image
  • Options

You're not going to believe this.

I got up to go to the loo in the middle of the night and walked into a wall, nose first. I know I haven't broken it, but I am developing two gorgeous black eyes and it's all swollen up and going black.

Please tell me there's someone on earth more clumsy than me. PLEASE.