Options

Daydream Plodder

or not as the case may be.

not ploded yet, but might later depending on aches from weekend leg abuse.

Roabert Rankin? Hmm, read some of his and I think after the first couple you know most of his plots. darker and not as good as Pratchett in my view.

Comments

• Options
    lo Staggers

Haven't plodded since Thursday, haven't had a break that long for a while. Leg not sore today for first time, so hope to have another couple of days rest for safety and caution and hope to plod again about Wednesday.
  • Options
    And its a badly timed "rest" because it was my birthday on Saturday and Mr LJ's birthday on Sunday so its been a big weekend of food excess and I could have done with plodding it off...

see if anyone can beat this....

Friday - pasta with mascapone sauce and gooey tart for lunch, pasta and huge chunk of cheesecake for dinner (shared cheesecake with friend though!)

Saturday - porridge for breakfast, hot chocolate and chocolate muffin with best friend for morning tea, 2 jam donuts for lunch (!!!), Mum's chocolate mud cake for afternoon tea with strawberries, Mum's lamb roast with roast veggies for dinner, followed by strawberry ice cream cake and glass of Baileys

Sunday - oats for breakfast, fish and chips, and profiterole for lunch with Mr LJ's family, then chocolate milkshake and chocolate slice for afternoon tea. Most healthy thing I had all weekend was home made veggie soup for dinner, but followed that with white chocolate mud cake for dessert (Mr LJ's birthday cake).

can anyone beat that?

also can anyone expalin that, despite no exercise since last Thursday, my clothes feel LOOSE this morning????

• Options
    sounds like a good weekend L J, don't shout too loud though or the porkers thread will invade!!!
  • Options
    Morning everyone,
    No plodding this weekend but I did have a good session on the treaddie in the gym this morning!!!
    Was going to plod Saturday but it was just too hot.............
  • Options
    Morning all.

Off to the gym in a little while in an effort to convince myself that I can get round tomorrow evening's 5K.
  • Options
    lo chums

seems a bit cooler today - thought i might melt over the weekend
  • Options
    Glad you didn't bison, would have made a terrible mess and just left a pile of fluff! ;-)
  • Options
    morning

muggy here still and I got woken up at 6.15 by a thunderstorm

more on the way...
  • Options
    morning!

v. hot and icky today... really humid!

no plodding over the weekend - far too hot.

no plodding today either.... hmmm. i sense a problem with the impending 5k.
  • Options
    Morning,

Belated happy birthday LJ - sounds like you had a good one. Maybe you did that thing whereby if you consume huge quantities of calories you massively speed up your metabolism so you end up burniung them all off?

In an ideal world...

anyway, had a hot and busy weekend
    Friday - swim. impressed myself by not doing too badly with the front crawl (i didn't drown and nearly swam a complete length). Gave up after 40 mins when my back was too achy to carry on

Saturday - lots of walking, working and a plod at 7:30pm when the temperature had cooled down a little. Felt brilliant, I had a nice pace, I was very much in tune with myself, everything going fine.

Sunday - hoped tot ake th4e boat out but the lake was closed becasue they felt it was unsafe (gusting 5-6 and it was "like the sea" out there). considering the fact that i don't get out of bed for a sail in less that a 5, i realised this was probably going to be the shortest membership of my life. canned the sailing, went for another plod as per the schedule. Keeled over at 3 miles in absolute agony and had to limp home. Back and calves were on fire.

Boo hiss!

Rest day today
  • Options
    Yo plodpals.

happy birthday for LJ and Mr LJ.

A plodless weekend for me. Spent Saturday writing an article about Caspian Gulls. Which, for the uninitiated, are very like the more familiar Herring Gulls, only duller.

Hot and sticky in London. Again.
  • Options
    morning all
    happy birthdays to all enjoying birthdays

very tired today

and very very warm outside

will do intervals in gym I think.

preferable with someone else doing the speedy part of the intervals.

is that allowed?

please let me sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!

aiki why is my budgie canary thing sitting with stuff in it's beak? is it trying to nest? does this mean it's a boy or a girl?

very peculiar behaviour
  • Options
    Hi GL.

It's a canary, and you could be doing it untold psychological harm by calling it a budgie, possibly to the point of making it think it needs to build a nest as a refuge from your hurtful remarks.

Actually, maybe it has multiple personality disorder?

Or maybe it just wants a hobby?

Can't remember if it sings or not - if it does it's a bloke. I think both sexes take part in nest construction.

Suggest you provide it with a nesting 'pan' (shallow cup-shaped thing for canaries to make nests in) and some nesting material and see what it does.
  • Options
    LJ - that's a LOT of chocolate!

Plodded with the club on Friday night and almost got lost. Had to be rescued by lovely Robin (that's a bloke not a bird), who also rescued me several times on the Sunday run.

Did 2hr plod on Sunday - started at 7.30 and it was already baking hot. Reckon I did about 12 miles (as per schedule) but I was very hot and overheating massively, which wiped me out for the rest of the day. Just hope that the half on Sunday is not so warm.

Feel OK today though, so will attempt to plod the 7 miles home tonight.
  • Options
    yuk

as the sky was getting black, thought I'd be clever and nip to the local shop before it started raining

didn't make it

it be ppppp pouring down
  • Options
    <chucks Yeo a huge fluffy towel>
  • Options
    it hasn't stopped raining here yet

Don't you hate writing the "interesting" bit on application forms

can't i just say "give me the job cos I'm brill"?

although that would be a blatant lie, obviously
  • Options
    ta aiki

Puff, if you use plodders as referees we'd tell 'em how brill you are
  • Options
    'Hobbies - Being brill.'
  • Options
    Puff is ace. Give her a job.

Love

Floosie
    XXX

Will that do as a reference?
  • Options
    To whom it may concern

Puff is an ace plodder and also a right babe. Give her the job or wwe'll all be round to sort you out.

love Yeo

will that do?
  • Options
    lOl the lot of you!

Actually, have just been told that I would be perfect for the job.

I'm sure my supervisor is trying to kick me off his team and into someone else's really.

swimming at lunchtime - didn't expect that.
  • Options
    Bad news - real job will mean no time to forum :o(
  • Options
    that's not a job its hard labour and it must be against you human rights Puff
  • Options
    LOL again!

Stop it, or i shall take early retirement and turn forumming into a full time occupation.

Isn't that what FLR does?
  • Options
    Dear Job People,

Puff is great. And in the hot weather ahe wears low-cut tops. Give her the job but let her continue to play with her plodpals.

Love & Kisses,

Bison
    xxx
  • Options
    <lurk>

aiki, I promise to stop calling the canary a budgie

but when it's screeching it's head off I can't stop myself insulting it

will sort out something for it to make a nest in, that'll shut the gobsh1te up

to whom it may concern
    puff is superwoman
    love
    plodders
  • Options
    Afternoon all. Back from gym - it's still very hot out there.

GL - if you call your canary a budgie as an insult, real Parddu and his pals will be up there to sort you out. Being a budgie is an honourable occupation.
  • Options
    Parddu - I'm sure a budgie would be just as hurt to be called a canary as a canary would to be called a budgie...