morning

Can't remember if we've had this on before? but I like it

Comments

• Options
    yes, we had it on 25th May

whoops!
  • Options
    morning

just read back the last couple of pages of the pulling thread and see that Ginge and Dan dan have been at it again :o)

settling down to day of olympics and, hopefully, cricket
  • Options
    Morning all.

The sun is shining here at the moment - doesn't mean that it will at Old Trafford unfortunately.

I don't think there's much to interest me in the Olympics today but may look at it from time to time.
  • Options
    Hello, haven't been here for yonks but just got temptewd in by the GNR thread which am still ok for and injury free. and very very excited about! I think you were also this way inclined Parduu is that still so?
  • Options
    good to see you Chris

there's always surprising entertainment in the Olympics, one of the Kiwi rowers fell out of her boat earlier

LOL
  • Options
    Oh, missed that - and I'd been watching the ladies double sculling

Sculling? i thought that's what you did at the end of the night in the pub?

Strange it's become an olympic sport to go round finishing off everyone's leftovers.

Have hangover from hell this morning. where's staggs adn he's quadruple espressos when I need one.

hangover compounded by presence at work - seemed like a good idea at the time to come and and do some more.

<crawls off under desk to try and sleep it off>
  • Options
    so quiet - i might actually have to do something else now.

supposed to be doing 3 (well, between 3 and 4) today and 7 tomorrow but my back is so sore.

do you think I should can today or try it VERY slowly?
  • Options
    FAT CHANCE BATMAN

oops left caps lock - sorry

i will bag the 10 though :o)

finsihed here so off home to recover my hangover

Probably won't plod as i feel very achy anyway but we will see
  • Options
    Batman? Does she mean me?
  • Options
    Get yourslef out for a gentle 3, and then you'll be fit for the longer one.
  • Options
    loo guys, this ain't on

isn't Fleur on her way home, and there'll hell to pay if we don't get to page 2. We can't even blame the pulling thread cos that's been quiet too

I know it's the Olympics, which admittedly has taken up most my day along with the cricket (well, all of it TBH), but can we have more effort please?
  • Options
    14 - joepie!

back from 8 mile plod. blinking hot out there - think i've sweated off half my bodyweight!! took two minutes off my best time on the route as well :0)

and Spurs didn't lose, so things aren't too bad today....
  • Options
    Hello again

Can't believe we're still only on the first page!

Plodded 16 miles earlier, longest ever. Pooped now.
  • Options
    well plodded Bison

neither did Palace. As they were playing Korwich I had mixed feelings about the outcome, so a draw is probably best
  • Options
    wow Norma!

well done
  • Options
    Crikey, Norma, SIXTEEN miles?! (Hoping to manage 12 tomorrow, but will need to go to bed early to be up early.)

I did some quality recovery sessions today by shopping (oops, again? but got bargain Berghaus jacket for only 49.99 in the sale) then sitting in the garden.

Any good Olympic action on tonight? The 'thletics don't start for a while, do they?
  • Options
    blinking flip Norma - 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<THUD>
  • Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Hope you didn't wear that furry jacket on your run, Bison.

Still, you did blinking well to run at all out there. I was down the football and it got very hot.

You're all putting me to shame with this running lark though.

Maybe I'd get out through the front door if I could prise myself away from this damned PC for five minues.
  • Options
    Evening all.

Back from visiting rellies.

Bought some different budgie food for my boys - it will give them a more balanced diet than just plain Trill apparently. I now have to persuade them that they're really going to like this brightly coloured fruity flavoured stuff - this will not be easy.
  • Options
    Dan Dan - we Bison's have no option but to wear the fur at all times!!

which team did you see today then?

btw - GL doesn't generally appear on the plod on Saturdays - you might stand a better chance tomorrow afternoon. ;0)

Parddu - if the feed is that brightly coloured it might be full of tartrazine - watch them go on that stuff!!

Yeo - one day i'll tell you the story of how i *very* nearly ended up as a Palace supporter
  • Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    I saw the mighty Tamworth, but am also a Villa boy too.

GL? Who's GL?

Hahaha.

Am I in trouble for that?
  • Options
    ah, before we moved i used to go and see the mighty beavers!! aka Hampton & Richmond Borough FC. Non-League really is an entirely different, and occasionally highly comical version of the game :0)

s'pose Aldershot or Farnborough are my nearest non-league teams now, but they're both a bit too much like professional footie for my liking! (hence being a Spurs supporter)
  • Options
    not at all, after all the two of you have kept us entertained for the last couple of days

I'm not really a football fan, but Palace are my childhood team, so when they and Korwich got promoted I was well chuffed

It's getting confusing though. League one is the old second division, which in a sane world would still be div 3?

is that it?
  • Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Non league is great, although as Tamworth have grown and grown, it almost causes divided loyalties! I can still get away with supporting the both of them, as people still see Tamworth as a joke team.

At their peril though!

Mind you, given the truly awful referee we had today, you'd have been forgiven for mistaking The Lamb for the Moscow State Circus...
  • Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Yeo: I still call them Divisions 1, 2 , 3 and 4, regardless of what they are trying to have us believe.

As for the new conference north, south and whatever it is they call the one Tamworth are in..well, dont get me started on that!
  • Options
    now listen carefully children,

Division One is The Premiership though if you believe Sky, there was nothing before The Premiership.

The Championship is Division Two, though it was Division One in the interim, but not the same Division One as The Premiership (ex-Divison One) used to be.

Division One is Division Three, but once upon a time was Divison Two, though not the same Divison Two as The Championship (ex-Divison One, ex-Divison Two) used to be.

Division Two is, of course, Division Four, you only have to look at the quality on offer to see that! However, Division Four was once Division Three, but don't make the mistake of thinking that it was the same Division Three as Division Four (now Division Two) once was.

There - is that quite clear?

Think I'll stick with the Conference (soon to be The Celestial Superstar League)
  • Options
    dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Clear as the mud off a bison's backside!