Options

Stortford 10

13»

Comments

• Options
    There are results up on the website but they are last years!
  • Options
    The only complaint I have Malcolm was an errant father and children who walked along the path right in front of me as I was stumbling into the finish. Would have been good to have another marshall on that final stretch.

The marshalls were all fab though so many thanks to them and the bargain tea and cake back at HQ was lovely!
  • Options
    Malcolm,

I think you did very well, there are so many side turnings early/late on that needed marshalls and almost every one offered cheery encouragement and I didn't spot any problems with cars crossing. Nothing much you could do about the roadworks at the finish, look forward to speeding through the line on the fresh tarmac next year.

My only area to improve would be to post out numbers for online entrants, whilst I got mine very easily at reception it just adds something extra that we and you have to administer on the day.
  • Options
    A while back we were discussing the reasons why we did not receive our numbers through the post if we entered on line.

I've just received confirmation of my entry to the Meon Valley Plod. I've been told what my number is but have to collect it on the day and the organizers give this reason: 'This is for your safety so that we know which runners are on the course.'

That makes sense (it is a remote course) and initially I thought this could be why BSRC did it on Sunday - then I remembered that postal entries had their numbers through the post so that was not the reason here.

Anyway - for what it's worth I had no trouble (i.e. no queueing, delay, etc) picking up my number on Sunday, so it seemed to have worked.
  • Options
    1.21.21 for me. Outside my PB on this course last year of 1.19.36 but then again we were beating the frogs in the Rugby Semi-final the same day (score updates from marshalls) so I was inspired then !!

Still good though on current training. Saw Richard and SBF at start and finish.

Weather was OK Badger (I did Stevenage last year as well and that was torrential). Only found it cold after the race on way back to car.

I didn't believe the 9 mile marker and in fact the marshall in the park said just over 9 to go so when the sign didn't appear I assumed I had missed it but knew it was wrong later - I knew I wasn't running THAT slow.

Well-organised as ever with lots of marshalls and some of the best police support I think I have ever seen. Didn't see any motorists hassling marshalls but there are always some idiots out on a Sunday morning and it is close to Essex that should start a discussion :-)

Agree with Humph on the numbers. I posted my entry and got it back but coming from Luton and parking in Waitrose usually just gives me enough time to get to the start. If I had to go to race HQ before the start I would probably struggle. So maybe a thought there. I think most races charge a little extra for online to cover return postage (some charge a lot extra !)
  • Options
    I thought it was quite a very well organised race and I managed to finish in 1hr 08 mins just 1 minute outside my PB so quite happy with the run although the 9 mile mark confused me a little but will have another go at the race next Year

Thanks Malcolm
  • Options
    By the skin of my teeth, just scraped into the top 30%, my best ever position for a 10 miler. Even happier now than I was on sunday. Roll on luton!
  • Options
    Well done 40%badger.

Despite my whizzy PB I still only got 64%:(
  • Options
    I thought this race was great, a nice route and the marshals were fantastic they were everywhere you really needed them and all were very cheery. I will definatly do this one again next time. Thank you to the organisers, and the long sleeved T shirt was just what you needed after the finish.