Options

Lovely, Lithe & Learned Thurs 14th Club

Comments

• Options
    Benz has a sister living in the Black Country, so she should be fine...having said that, I've lived on the fringes for nearly 15 years and still can't eavesdrop on a full-fledged Aynook and Ayli chinwag. Can't say I've ever developed much of a taste for the dark lager either.
  • Options
    When I used to run in the 80s I did these halfs = Kippax, Calverley, Bramley, Pontefract, Dewsbury in West Yorkshire. Does anyone know if they are still around as it would be nice to go back and do them again having just got back into running again after 18 years......
  • Options
    Has anyone heard from her yet..? Will she know today..?
  • Options
    Cath! Hello! Good to see you!

How's things today?

Consultant interviews are often all-day things with loads of people to meet and tours to do and suchlike.

I'm a bit worried - she was looking for her passport last night. You don't need a passport to cross the borders into the Black Country.

• Options
    Still horrible out there.

Hope the rain stops in the next half-hour or Tinkerbell and Angelmouse won't get their weekly walk.
  • Options
    Afternoon all

2 out of 3 of todays sessions now out of the way, circuits this morning and a short spinning session at lunch time now just the 8-mile hilly run to do (in the wind and rain) :o)
  • Options
    Glenn - That's exactly my Leeds era (shows age) - in those days Eddie Grey was a handsome beast! Lorimer was always my favourite - think it's a bit sad to see him these days wingeing that the pros of his era didn't earn as much as they do these days.

BBB - My (younger) boss is a Chelsea fan - doesn't understand why I hate Chelsea so much - more even than Man U ... old habits die hard.

Think I'm on the wrong thread. Just fruit salad and diet coke for lunch - breakfast still sitting very heavily - must have wolfed it down too quickly.

SR
  • Options
    Will you must be fit as a butchers dog..........
  • Options
    I am feeling a bit hyper at the moment
  • Options

More hyper than normal?
  • Options
    GAZ - I know the Dewsbury half still exists, not sure about the rest.
    As for Benz, she could talk the hind leg of a donkey so I'm sure she is still there. - Gosh haven't used that phrase in years.
    Hello cath by the way.
    Sp don't get me wrong I'm not a chelsea fan...OOhh No. I just went along to watch some footy. Liverpool for me, taking the little fella to Anfield for the firts time on Sunday. Its what he wanted for his b'thday (Bloody exspensive pressie). Really looking forward to it. I have been playing you'll never walk alone all week for him as he stands there waving one of my old scarves.
  • Options
    Since I started back training after a couple of weeks off – the hyperness (is that a word) has slowly been building :o)
  • Options
    This thread has been a bit hijacked today...is it time to go back to talking about choccie, the weather, fad diets and womens bits?
  • Options
    Liverpool can concentrate on the league now ;o)
  • Options
    BBB, good on you. Get him started young. When I did the Jubilee 10k this year they had a woman singing our anthem at the start of the race and I sang my litle heart out whilst waving my arms from side to side got some strange loks form teh Southerners around me but it made my hubby (who was watching formt he other side of the road) smile!
  • Options
    I think a holiday would do us all good..don't over do it though WW.
    Can't stop singing that song now 'happiness, happiness' but instead using 'hyperness, hyperness'
  • Options
    BBB, thanks I will look into the Dewsbury half.

Great stuff, hope you and the little fella enjoy it, did you get a second mortgage to pay for the tickets........
  • Options
    BBB

I always take one day off a week and also half my training one week in four - as weel as keeping an eye on my RHR whitch gives an indication of when to take an extra couple of days off
  • Options
    V-rap -- hee! I'm okay today thanks. Have just had a 'meeting' which consisted of myself an my colleague who shares the office drinking tea, munching our way through choccie biscuits and perusing the ridiculousness that is one of the tabloids with Paul Burrell on the front! (That's spelt the french way Burr-ell).

Consultant Benz -- sounds good don't it :) I hope she's okay. I mean I hope that she's wrapped them around her fingers by now. Passport eh..? Hhhm, maybe they were taking her abroad for the day..?

Oh also I um, before anyone asks have been extremely naughty for weeks and weeks - eating crap and whatnot... and I've gained weight, which is why I've not been here.

"Hi my name is cath and I'm back to 13 and a half stone"

Hey, this'll make you laugh - anti-nausea pills make you quite constipated (sorry aout this) which can be quite uncomfortable - nurses keep saying "have you tried plenty of fibre..?" Like I can eat that stuff!
  • Options
    Hiya Redhead
    My Bro bought him his first kit when he was a day old (he still fits into it - just)so he was allways going to come up supporting the pool.
    The strange things you do at the begining of a race eh? All that adrenalin, I even sang and danced along to Status Quo at the begining of the GNR one year...never again!
  • Options
    Hi JJ
    Posted myself at 1h 6. for Sunday but going to try to beat the hour weather permitting-and legs permitting- suppose it could always be a bad day. But going for it with v. good PMA. It`s only my third race so anything is a result at the moment.
  • Options
    SP
    Last 10K I did was 55mins, not going to beat that on sunday so might trot round with you with permission.
  • Options
    Will,

Just read that you half your training every 4 weeks, I have read this before, is it a good thing to do ?

Sorry to bring up running again......

Gaz.......
  • Options
    Nice to see you Cath :-)
  • Options
    Cath, I'm BBB and I'm stuccccckkkkkk at about 13 1/2 (on proper scales, mine cheat). We have only just met and we know all about how your bowels are...thats nice.
    The only thing that is likely to help is lots of water and that will just make your nausea worse...I see some supposotries on the horizon! Quick run.........
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Cath, it's great to see you on here again! We've missed you.

Glenn
  • Options
    Gaz

as they say ... It works for me

I train in 4 week cycles following multiples of BASE, BUILD, PEAK, RACE and RECOVER each cycle is 4 weeks long thus allows me to follow the 4th week easier approach – I am currently in Week 2 of my first BASE cycle

Cath

Good to see you I hope you are going to stick around, now your back
  • Options
    BeerBellyBlues -- Oh you don;t know the half of it matey! Just be thankful I'm not still in ranty-cath mode (snigger)!! I've also tried water, exercise, fruit, bran. figs, prunes, prune juice - you name it I tried it AND resorted to the horizon method also .... NEEDLESS to say, I'm not taking any anti-nausea meds next chemo cycle. I'd rather be sick. Well, now you know everything :)

Glenn -- (waves) It's kind of nice to be around again - well, it's nice to have the energy to check more than one thread anyway :)
  • Options
    I used to run in cycles too: GENTLE, MEDIUM, HARD,RACE & RACE & RACE, INJURY, SOFA, SOFA, FEEL FAT, FEEL FATTER, FEEL LIKE A GREAT BIG LARDY ARSE RICK WALLER, GENTLE, MEDIUM ETC.
    This was a 12 month cycle,
    By just being sensible and listening to my body I seem to have finally broken away form this!